CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge -> General/Other

Questions about CodeCharge

Print topic Send  topic

CDK277

Posted: 10/23/2008, 9:45 PM

1 - If i build my web application with CodeCharge,
a) would it speed up development? how much faster? and
b) can I add my own custom code without any issues?
2 - If i don't already have a database, Can I build this in CodeCharge?
3 - How is it to customize web site's GUI ?
4 - How does Code it compare to ironspeed? what is the difference?apart from being a .NET solution.
View profile  Send private message
peterr

Posted: 10/24/2008, 10:07 AM

Hi,

> 1 - If i build my web application with CodeCharge,
> a) would it speed up development? how much faster?

Yes. 23 times faster.

> and b) can I add my own custom code without any issues?

Yes, if you use the syntax provided in documentation and CCS examples. Here is just one example:
http://docs.codecharge.com/studio40/html/ProgrammingTec...ormControl.html

> 2 - If i don't already have a database, Can I build this in CodeCharge?

No. Although you can use any database design utility and imagine that it is a part of CodeCharge. (as I don't understand what would be the difference if it was included in CodeCharge, or why include it)

> 3 - How is it to customize web site's GUI ?

You can edit the design (somewhat visually but especially HTML) in CodeCharge Studio, or you can use any HTML editor like Dremweaver or MS Expression Web.

> 4 - How does it compare to ironspeed? what is the difference?apart from being a .NET solution.

Try both.
When using CodeCharge Studio I recommend selecting the "ASP.NET with InMotion Framework" - you will see the code quality uncomparably superior to Ironspeed.
CDK277

Posted: 10/29/2008, 3:36 PM

thanks for your reply peter
Quote peterr:

> 2 - If i don't already have a database, Can I build this in CodeCharge?

No. Although you can use any database design utility and imagine that it is a part of CodeCharge. (as I don't understand what would be the difference if it was included in CodeCharge, or why include it)

The reason is, I would like the software to create the database and do all the pumping
similar to http://www.devexpress.com

Quote peterr:
> 4 - How does it compare to ironspeed? what is the difference?apart from being a .NET solution.

Try both.
When using CodeCharge Studio I recommend selecting the "ASP.NET with InMotion Framework" - you will see the code quality uncomparably superior to Ironspeed.

This is extremely useful! thank you
CDK277

Posted: 10/29/2008, 3:52 PM

Question about purchasing
If I purchase CodeCharge Studio 4.1 (Perpetual) now and later purchased CodeCharge Tools , Ultimate Bundle.

Would I receive major upgrades for CodeCharge Studio and CCTools? (if so how long)?

I would like to purchase CC but would also like continuous upgrad.es
CDK277

Posted: 10/29/2008, 4:10 PM

also could I develop in C# ASP.NET 2.0 with Inmotion rather than 3.5?
melvyn

Posted: 10/29/2008, 6:09 PM

I encourage you to download the demo and test it. If you understand the way in which CCS works, then you can increase some task speeds from weeks or months to days, maybe hours.

CDK277

Posted: 10/29/2008, 7:27 PM

EDIT: I read this page http://docs.codecharge.com/studio40/html/index.html?htt...nFramework.html
"Portability to Visual Studio
Moving application development to Visual Studio is simple and easy since an InMotion Application looks no different than an application created manually with Visual Studio. Both the framework code and ASPX files build by CodeCharge Studio can be easily maintained with Visual Studio. However, importing modified applications back to CodeCharge Studio is not supported once you modify the generated ASPX files in Visual Studio. "

So what happens to the code??? CC ignnores it then continue to function or everything breaks! and no long can work with CC.
JimmyCrackedCorn

Posted: 10/30/2008, 12:35 AM

Quote CDK277:
Question about purchasing
If I purchase CodeCharge Studio 4.1 (Perpetual) now and later purchased CodeCharge Tools , Ultimate Bundle.

Would I receive major upgrades for CodeCharge Studio and CCTools? (if so how long)?

I would like to purchase CC but would also like continuous upgrad.es

CodeCharge Tools is made by a different company so you'd have to ask them about their component upgrades.

Posted: 10/30/2008, 12:43 AM

Quote CDK277:
4 - How does Code it compare to ironspeed? what is the difference?apart from being a .NET solution.

when we purchased CCS a couple of years ago we first considered Ironspeed. In fact, during my Ironspeed evaluation I was complaining on their forums about Ironspeed's price and someone there told me to try CCS!

as I see it CCS has the following advantages over Ironspeed,

1) CCS is much more cost effective. Ironspeed is priced ridiculously high at $3,495 for the software with 1 year of support and upgrades compared to CCS at $648.95

2) CCS is much more flexible. Ironspeed does .NET only. With CCS I can do .NET, classic ASP, PHP and more! we saved a ton of time by reusing code from previous projects that would have needed to be converted to .NET if we had gone with Ironspeed.

3) the Ironspeed management team members I spoke with were not very nice. in fact they were downright nasty! they showed an arrogance that really annoyed me.

Posted: 10/30/2008, 12:52 AM

2) CCS is much more flexible. Ironspeed does .NET only. With CCS I can do .NET, classic ASP, PHP and more! we saved a ton of time by reusing code from previous projects that would have needed to be converted to .NET if we had gone with Ironspeed.

--could I start on a ASP.NET project than later convert it to PHP without any issues?
melvyn

Posted: 10/30/2008, 9:06 AM

Quote CDK277:
--could I start on a ASP.NET project than later convert it to PHP without any issues?

Yes, as long as you use the internal CCS variables, functions an environment. All code done "by hand" must be done again "by hand"

For example:
CCS has the built in "CurrentDateTime" to insert in any date field, in any form. It will work in any of the 7 supported languages. In php I can use date("Y-m-d H:i:s") and will only work in php, it don't get translated because it's hand-coded.

CDK277

Posted: 10/30/2008, 2:40 PM

Makes sense.

If i want to code something by hand, I can code directly into CCS? and what about debugging?

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login