CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> Wishes

Development roadmap

Print topic Send  topic

jjrjr1

Posted: 09/11/2009, 1:25 PM

Exactly....

+1 for Oper

Posted: 11/27/2009, 5:22 AM

Quote JimmyCrackedCorn:
-better documentation is needed...
I agree 100%, there isn't a function API that's worth anything, just the incomplete "Component Reference". I recently spent half of a day at work reading through the generated code in Common.php and Class.php, there was seriously 10 or more functions that I could have used in past projects had I known about them. And what is the class "clsQuadraticPaths"--at the bottom of Class.php--used for?

When I first started using CodeCharge in April of this year, I relied on it for everything; all data processing and UI development, ya know, what it was designed for. But, after having CCS crash on me several times, I now only trust it to send and retrieve data to a database and internationalization. For data manipulation using PHP, I use PEAR--and PEAR has libraries that will generate HTML table grids just like CodeCharge, I made a grid from CSV file in under 5 lines of code--and include the classes myself in the event code and for all things JavaScript, I use MooTools. Since then, I've made some really impressing websites without the constant battle I would have with CodeCharge.

When you limit CCS to certain tasks, it is a superior program, but you're definitely not getting your full money's worth if you do this and development time will take longer.
View profile  Send private message
paulmason411

Posted: 12/09/2009, 6:49 PM

Quote peterr:
However, we don't see any more big ideas from CCS users for new features.
Quote peterr:
This means that CCS is mature and complete and even you don't need any new features from it, which is great.
Quote peterr:
Now we mainly see requests for minor CCS improvements and that's good.

Quote materix:
Peter, it is the "small" issues that I think most of us are waiting to be fixed / implemented.

I agree with materix, I think people aren't requesting any major features until the minor features are fixed.

When I make a request I think about CodeCharge's current operating state and try to keep it realistic. If it were bug free and updating constantly I would be requesting much more ambitious features, but as it is we're all just requesting little things as that's what we see to be in the scope of the current update model.

http://paulmason.name - Web Development Blog

jnunez

Posted: 12/11/2009, 11:03 AM

My wishes
I'd like to see improvements in Ajax components like
-GridTreeView,
-Writable Grid witn double clic in a cell
-Reports or Grid hide/show column by double clicking on it
-date Picker with disabling days
-treeview
Some nice examples are shown at:
http://rialto.improve-technologies.com/rialto/

Posted: 12/12/2009, 7:58 PM

Hi All,

Peter, nice to see you are still around, I haven't been frequenting these forums for a few years now and dropped back to have a poke around.

From my point of view, I think the one big item is the lack of documentation and examples. I never use the CodeCharge Ajax as we have our own libraries for Ajax which are easier to incorporate and provide a nicer results. Of course I am biased. As an example, take a look at the help for update panel. It is two paragraphs that doesnt really explain it's use or give examples on best practises.

Another developer in my offices uses the update panels but realistically switches back to our libraries regularly. I just finished working on a sizable project and realised about half way through I wasn't really using codecharge as a rapid app tool. I was just using it as a development environment and hand writing large chunks of event code and inline javascript to get the result.

About this point I rang a friend of mine and asked him to give me a few hours of consulting on how to achieve the same result using visual studio and some 3rd party tools. I was pretty impressed which I found very surprising.

Anyway, CodeCharge is an awesome product but the lack of the good documentation and simple how to's lets it down in my opinion. Once, it was all you needed to rollout complete solutions. These days I find I am jumping around and using different tools to achieve the required results. I realise the user has more complex requirements now but in my opinion Codecharge has not kept pace with user needs since dragging the chain on an Ajax implementation.

At the same time the environment has become more flaky. We still have a project running on codecharge studio 2. It is such a pleasure to go back to developing in that version. It runs very fast, never crashes and does exactly what it was designed to do, be a rapid application tool.

Just my $0.02 worth.

Thanks
David
damian

Posted: 12/13/2009, 3:17 AM

i think visual studio - if its not already - will very quickly be a better development tool for asp/mssql - codecharge is amazing in its ability to publish a project in multiple languages and build many components very quickly.
i do agree with you on teh following:
- user requirements are higher - therefore more hand coding
- ajax is such a powerful and cool tool - it would be great if ccs made this easier than they currently have

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login