CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> Tips & Solutions

FileUpload, Delete, Custom Updates (and MySQL views?)

Print topic Send  topic

SteveG

Posted: 05/06/2009, 6:05 PM

I had three days of grief with a FileUpload component that when the Delete checkbox was checked, and the form submitted; would delete the file, but leave the information in the field and generate an 'error' in my browser form (it would continue to use the field's information to look for a file that it just deleted).

It *seems* now to be that I was using a custom update (to a table, not the MySQL view), and when I cleared the custom update fields, it stopped breaking my forms. I'm not sure how it knows to put the fields into the MySQL table, as I call the form with a view, but it does. Maybe the view has nothing to do with it... but if anyone else is having the same kind of ccs generated errors, try clearing the custom update fields. And good luck.
View profile  Send private message
SteveG

Posted: 05/17/2009, 9:20 AM

Hold on... I thought that this was the solution, but the problem has crept back into other pages/components - so I'm no longer sure what the cause is or what to fix. Support says that they'll have an answer for me soon, I'll post when I find something that works for more than a day.
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login