CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> ASP

SQL Server 2008 Config and Data Connection

Print topic Send  topic

roger007

Posted: 07/27/2009, 9:10 PM

HI.
I have spent the last few hours trying to connect from codecharge to SQL Server Express 2008.
I am running both codecharge and SQL Server on windows 7 so not sure if that has anything to do with it.
When i create a connection i use "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server".
Then on the connects tab i select my server and log on using integrated security. I then can select my database on the server and test the connection which tells me all is good.
I then go back to the new connection screen and use the user account of which i have called testaccount to connect to the server.
I assume this account has to have access to the database and the tables to allow me to see them so for testing purposes, testaccount has pretty much full access.
Everything seems fine except that no matter what i try i cant see my table inside the database.
Can anyong think of what could possibly be happening here. I am not new to databases but new to setting up an ODBC connection to one.
Thanks for any help.
View profile  Send private message
rbenn00

Posted: 07/28/2009, 8:48 AM

I went through a similar situation connecting to SQL 2008. The issue is Win7, Codecharge has indicated it will not be ready until October.
roger007

Posted: 07/28/2009, 4:04 PM

Thanks very much for your help. I will attempt it now with another machine running a different OS.
Looking forward to October!
lekinhas

Posted: 08/24/2009, 9:20 AM

Hi Roger,
I have the same problem that you but I have Win XP Professional.
Do you already found any solution for this problem?
roger007

Posted: 08/24/2009, 3:53 PM

I am yet to work out a way to run it on windows 7 but that seems to be the problem. I'm now using it on another operating system happily.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login