|Posted: 01/06/2011, 9:27 AM
The site was originally static HTML. Swapped over to WordPress several
months back to allow them to make their own simple updates. Those
simple updates became complex needs and desires that would've required
lots of custom coding and updates in the WordPress files.
Created a CCS project that mimics the functionality of WordPress, while
also retaining the historical search engine optimization information.
Usability was key in that it needed to be just as easy to use as
WordPress, if not easier! All in two weeks.
* Style theme created in Artisteer 3.0 to match the look of the
WordPress Bombax theme. Customer has full control of the Artisteer
theme and can make updates as desired (see my blog post at
http://www.codechargesupport.com/blog/ to learn how to incorporate
dynamic Artisteer styles into CCS).
* Instead of a WordPress-like Admin area, all pages, posts, menu's, etc.
can be edited in-line (ie: Log in and see the 'Edit' buttons).
* Site revolves around a single 'index' page, using dynamic includes.
* Some API calls to Google, YouTube, other proprietary web services.
* Dynamic SEO features built-in. Customer has full control over SEO
titles and tags.
* Code is fat due to the multiple CCS menus, but it does W3 validate.
* Incorporates CCS's internationalization features. Page, post and menu
translations controlled directly by the customer.
* Very little custom coding! Much of the data validations, security,
hide/show components, etc. handled through the built-in CCS properties