CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> IDE/GUI

[Resolved] Right-click not working in Design mode

Print topic Send  topic

raknuth

Posted: 01/28/2011, 1:38 PM

Hi. I did something to a Record Maintenance form that causes the mouse right-click to stop working. And when I left-click on a control, the Property panel does not display Properties for that control. The form itself works well. How can I troubleshoot this problem?
View profile  Send private message
datadoit
Posted: 01/28/2011, 1:49 PM

Start by saving and closing out CodeCharge, then rebooting your computer.
raknuth

Posted: 01/28/2011, 2:42 PM

Done. Problem still exists. Another issue that I just noticed - the icons in the Toolbar that would usually permit me to insert tables, rows, & columns, as well as the text editing tools, are now disabled. And if I edit the HTML manually, the changed are not relected in the Design view. For example, I surrounded a string of text with <strong> and </strong>.

My concern is now upgraded to 'worried'.
datadoit
Posted: 01/28/2011, 2:49 PM

Well, to state the obvious, you have a corrupted form. It's not
uncommon. Can you at least select component properties while in HTML mode?
raknuth

Posted: 01/28/2011, 3:20 PM

This has happened to more than one page. But not to all pages.
CodeChargeMVP

Posted: 01/28/2011, 3:26 PM

This is very common on CCS, is highly recommend has a handy security copy.
raknuth

Posted: 01/28/2011, 3:29 PM

I am running CCS inder WinVista. Would I have better success and more stability running CCS under WinXP?
datadoit
Posted: 01/28/2011, 3:48 PM

I don't think the OS has much to do with it. Stability can be gained
via hardware upgrades such as more processors and memory.

If the problem is reproducible and sudden in all files, then I recommend
contacting support and sending them samples to see what they can find.
raknuth

Posted: 01/28/2011, 4:17 PM

Unfortunately, it does not occur in all files. I am running on a dual-core Intel T7600 processor with 4Gb of RAM. Vista is often a pain in the butt, so i am tempted to try it under a WinXP virtual machine.

Thanks for your time and attention. I think I'll take this up with tech support.
raknuth

Posted: 02/01/2011, 9:21 AM

As a final note, I suspect that the GUI is choking on bad code. So I ran the published page through an HTML validator. I discovered a half-dozen problems in the HTML. After fixing them and getting a clean report from the validator, my form still exhibits the same behavior in the CSS Design mode.

I also ran the local .PHP file through a PHP validator; it came through with no errors. My next task will be to manually scour the PHP file for coding errors that I may have caused by manually editing or inserting code.

If I find a solution, I'll post it here. If not, I'll recreate the form with a little more patience and try to identify the component that causes the deviant behavior.

CodeChargeMVP and datadoit, I thank you for your help.
datadoit
Posted: 02/01/2011, 9:40 AM

Have you submitted the problem page to support? If it is indeed a CCS
bug/issue, then they'll want to know about it, and ultimately
(hopefully) the fix gets to all of us in due time.
raknuth

Posted: 02/01/2011, 11:00 AM

I did. I also sent them the pages created by CSS.
jjrjr2

Posted: 03/15/2011, 4:41 AM

@ raknuth

Have U gotten any answer from Yes on this issue.

This is one of the bugs that should have been fixed a year ago in .7676

Please let me kow..

Thanks

raknuth

Posted: 03/15/2011, 9:05 AM

I believe I have finally identified the bad code that caused the right-click options and the Properties sheets for form controls to be unresponsive. The bad code resulted from attempting to implement the CKEditor in place of the FCKEditor (as presented in CCS GUI). There are numerous ways to implement CKeditor, and I had evidently chosen a couple of methods that gave CCS a touch of indigestion.

The successful solution resulted from imbedding the CKEditor as follows:

1 - place the following code in the <head>: <script language="JavaScript" src="CKeditor/ckeditor.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
2 - edit the 'class' property of the target <textarea> as follows: 'class' = 'ckeditor'.
3 - save & publish the form.
4 - edit the 'config.js' file in the /CKeditor folder on your web server so it presents the CKeditor in your desired format. As I only wish to present the form user with a few editing options, my 'config.js' file looks like this:

/*//////////
CKEDITOR.editorConfig = function( config )
{
config.toolbar = [
[ 'Source','-','Undo','Redo','-','SelectAll','RemoveFormat','-','Image','HorizontalRule','Smiley','SpecialChar','-','Link','Unlink', ],
'/',
[ 'Bold','Italic','Underline','Strike','Subscript','Superscript','-','NumberedList','BulletedList','Indent','Outdent','-','JustifyLeft','JustifyCenter','JustifyRight','JustifyBlock','-','TextColor','BGColor']
]
};
*///////////

On the bright side, I made enough mistakes in trying to resolve this issue that I was able to learn quite a bit about peripheral issues with CCS that will serve me well in the future. I really like the product and do not blame it for not cooperating fully with every effort to throw custom code at it.

I consider this problem resolved. And I thank everyone who extended their help. Once I get caught up and feel like I'm in better control of the environment, I'll start paying more attention to the needs of others and help where I can.

jjrjr2

Posted: 03/15/2011, 9:05 PM

Good News. That's great.

However, I have many situations where right click stops with non-modified CCS Pages. But I work around it.

LOL

I have learned most the of my knowledge also trouble shooting CCS issues.

& I agree, It is a great tool but does have a high learning curve.

Take Care

CodeChargeMVP

Posted: 05/23/2011, 4:39 AM

really awesome,

raknuth I´ve release about two important points on your messages,

html validator and php validator, I´ve check out google but mostly all

validators not support local pages since my projects aren´t online,

¿is there any application by validate local projects?

about the solution,i´ll use it when malfunction comes again.

raknuth

Posted: 05/23/2011, 2:40 PM

Hello CodeChargeMVP. I cannot find a standalone PHP or HTML Validator that will scan local pages.

I build most of my web sites, whether they be HTML or PHP/MySQL, using a text editor. But I own and

have used the first version of Microsoft Expressions Web. As FrontPage did before it, Expressions

Web validates your HTML as you build the page, based on the doctype declaration. Sometime this

validation leans a little towards the Microsoft standard of web development, but it is a step in the

right direction.

I installed the 60-day trial of Expressions Web v4. It claims support for PHP, as long as the PHP

binaries are installed on your PC. With the binaries installed, I am able to open a PHP page and

preview the results. I made it work on Windows 7 Ultimate x64, as follows:

* activate the installation of Internet Information Server (IIS) via Control Panel. PHP requires the presence of CGI support; the default installation of IIS did not include CGI support, so I dug through the component details and installed support for all applications, including CGI.
* download & install the PHP binaries from www.php.net. During PHP install, select the Other.CGI option.
* edit php.ini (in the PHP install folder) as follows:
* doc_root = "locahost"
* display_errors = on
* cgi.force_redirect = 0
* open IIS Management. Go to Handler Mappings and look for a mapping for *.php. My IIS installation did not have this mapping, so I had to create it as follows:
* Request Path = *.php
* Module = FastCgiModule
* Executabale = [path to PHP-CGI.EXE]
* Name = PHP via FastCGI
* you should now be able to create a short PHP script in C:\INETPUB\WWWROOT and open it in your

browser.
* in Expressions Web, go to Tools->Application Options. On the General tab, at the bottom, browse to

the PHP-CGI.EXE file located in C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\PHP.

Once this is done, you are able to locally preview your PHP pages via the Expression Web Development Server. You will not see the results of the PHP code in the Design mode of Expression Web.

I'm still playing with MySQL connections. There is no support for it directly in Expression Web.
raknuth

Posted: 05/23/2011, 4:10 PM

I think I have a handle on the PHP & remote MySQL data connection in Expression Web 4. You can make it work with ODBC and some small code modifications. Here are the broad strokes:
1 - download the ODBC Connector for MySQL (http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/odbc/).
2 - create an ODBC Connector to your live remote MySQL data. For this example, the following parameters apply:
* ODBC Connector Name: MYSERVER
* remote database host: www.myserver.com
* remote MySQL database name: testdata
* remote MySQL user name: myserver_admin
* remote MySQL password: password1
3 - create your PHP code:
<?
$connection = @odbc_connect("myserver", "", "") or die("Could not connect...");
$query = "
SELECT *
FROM table1
";
$result = @odbc_exec($connection, $query) or die("Couldn't execute query...");
while (odbc_fetch_row($result)) {
$date_start = odbc_result($result,'date_start');
$date_end = odbc_result($result,'date_end');
$season = odbc_result($result,'season');
echo "$date_start - $date_end for the $season Season<br>";
}
odbc_close($connection);
?>
4 - save & preview in browser.

Note: Although I develop in Windows, I publish to Linux. So I'll have to change my development methodology to account for both environments.
CodeChargeMVP

Posted: 05/24/2011, 3:47 AM

Ok is good,

I´ll keep on mind.

By parsing local pages I find HTML Validator, is an utility for Firefox 4.0.1,

very easy to use really and with professional results.
CodeChargeMVP

Posted: 05/24/2011, 4:15 AM

But this solution is supposed to be when you´re using CKEditor?

http://ckeditor.com/what-is-ckeditor

??

Cause I still haven´t use this editor on my projects.

Quote raknuth:
I believe I have finally identified the bad code that caused the right-click options and the Properties sheets for form controls to be unresponsive. The bad code resulted from attempting to implement the CKEditor in place of the FCKEditor (as presented in CCS GUI). There are numerous ways to implement CKeditor, and I had evidently chosen a couple of methods that gave CCS a touch of indigestion.

The successful solution resulted from imbedding the CKEditor as follows:

1 - place the following code in the <head>: <script language="JavaScript" src="CKeditor/ckeditor.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
2 - edit the 'class' property of the target <textarea> as follows: 'class' = 'ckeditor'.
3 - save & publish the form.
4 - edit the 'config.js' file in the /CKeditor folder on your web server so it presents the CKeditor in your desired format. As I only wish to present the form user with a few editing options, my 'config.js' file looks like this:

/*//////////
CKEDITOR.editorConfig = function( config )
{
config.toolbar = [
[ 'Source','-','Undo','Redo','-','SelectAll','RemoveFormat','-','Image','HorizontalRule','Smiley','SpecialChar','-','Link','Unlink', ],
'/',
[ 'Bold','Italic','Underline','Strike','Subscript','Superscript','-','NumberedList','BulletedList','Indent','Outdent','-','JustifyLeft','JustifyCenter','JustifyRight','JustifyBlock','-','TextColor','BGColor']
]
};
*///////////

On the bright side, I made enough mistakes in trying to resolve this issue that I was able to learn quite a bit about peripheral issues with CCS that will serve me well in the future. I really like the product and do not blame it for not cooperating fully with every effort to throw custom code at it.

I consider this problem resolved. And I thank everyone who extended their help. Once I get caught up and feel like I'm in better control of the environment, I'll start paying more attention to the needs of others and help where I can.

raknuth

Posted: 05/24/2011, 7:49 AM

Correct. The solution I defined above is for making CKeditor work properly. I've used CKeditor on 2 projects. I like it.
CodeChargeMVP

Posted: 05/24/2011, 8:22 AM

Ok nice,

I thought maybe this was a general solution by solve the issue and all cases.

Now it´s all clear.

Quote raknuth:
Correct. The solution I defined above is for making CKeditor work properly. I've used CKeditor on 2 projects. I like it.

zhucehao

Posted: 06/07/2012, 7:44 AM

Ok is good,

I´ll keep on mind.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login