CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> IDE/GUI

Use of Stored Procedures with Editable Grid

Print topic Send  topic

pkrawetz

Posted: 02/04/2011, 2:26 AM

I've read the user guide several times and followed the steps to use a stored procedure within the editable grid but I still cannot get it to work.

When I use the editable grid builder, I specify the stored procedure to select the data I want to display. When you specify the columns to display, it demands a primary key. But you cannot specify a primary key in the query builder for a stored procedure. It's a vicious cycle.

Does any have the steps necessary to get the editable grid to use a stored procedure? I'm using the most recent install of CodeCharge Studio and SQL Server 2005 Express.

The process does work if I use an editable grid against the table in the stored procedure.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
View profile  Send private message
pkrawetz

Posted: 02/18/2011, 3:21 AM

Anybody? I can't believe no one has replied to this...
andrewi

Posted: 02/18/2011, 4:10 AM

I have had difficulties with primary keys for editable grids - but normally when I am using multiple tables for the record source (using custom updates/inserts)

In that case, I used a single table (with the appropriate primary key) when running the builder, and then edited the record source afterwards to add my additional tables. So you could try running the wizard with a single table, then edit the record source to use your stored procedure.

Andrew
pkrawetz

Posted: 02/18/2011, 4:17 AM

Well that is definitely a different way of doing this. One would think the builder would differentiate between the two. Guess Yes needs to make some modifications but since there doesn't seem to be any upgrades or enhancements mentioned on this site, guess it won't get done. To bad! Great product though.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login