CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

ccstags

Print topic Send  topic

NTJ
Posted: 06/07/2002, 7:03 AM

Hi I'm a french beginer.

I use codecharge for generating JSP page with a MS Access base.

But when I buil simple JSP, when I choose livepage to test on my tomcat server, I have this error :

"org.apache.jasper.JasperException: File "/ccstags" not found"

PS : sorry for my bad english
Dandavat
Posted: 06/07/2002, 9:17 AM

Hi!

What is your application server and its version? Seems that it cannot find CCSTags.tld library descriptor. Or it is possible that at the time of publishing tld file wasn't copied to server. Look into WEB-INF directory of your generated application, does it have CCSTags.tld file in it?

Pranams,
Dandavat.
NTJ
Posted: 06/07/2002, 12:24 PM

I am using Tomcat 4.0.1.

I've tried to put the file ccstags in the root directory of my web app and in the WEB-INF directory but it's always the same error.
Dandavat
Posted: 06/10/2002, 1:39 AM

Hi!

I installed Tomcat 4.0.1 and it works fine. Are you working with release version of CCS (1.0.6.0)?

You said you copied ccstags file. It should be CCStags.tld, or was it a misspell?

Dandavat.
NTJ
Posted: 06/10/2002, 2:52 AM

Yes I have the v1.0.6.0 of CCS.

The file is CCStags.tld but in the jsp code, it's /ccstags that is needed (<%@taglib uri="/ccstags" prefix="ccs"%>). CCS create the CSStags.tld in the config directory, not in root. And there is caps in the name of the file that CCS create, not in the code of jsp.

I think I have make mistake in CCS, this must be automatic, I don't have to move file or modify this part of code. It's strange because I have no errors when I build the project (little test project). so the jdk ant ANT seems to be configurated correctly.

Val
Posted: 06/10/2002, 4:01 AM

After what the CondeCharge Studio publish, any file is put in directory especyfed, but in directory of project the files is there, but the classes didn't compiled!

PS : sorry for my bad english
Dandavat
Posted: 06/10/2002, 4:14 AM

Hi again!

/ccstags is the uri of the tag library, not the name of the descriptor file. If you look into web.xml you will find that /ccstags uri maps to /WEB-INF/CCStags.tld location. So in JSP you should have <%@taglib uri="/ccstags" prefix="ccs"%> but tld descriptor should reside in /WEB-INF/CCStags.tld!

Project/Settings/Publishing menu contains options for publishing. You can play with extensions list to be published. For example try to add tld extension to list.

Pranams,
Dandavat.
NTJ
Posted: 06/10/2002, 5:27 AM

I have this problem before, try "save all" before building your project.
NTJ
Posted: 06/10/2002, 6:38 AM

Ok I see but I have the same problem.

Even if I change the publish extension file, the CCStags.tld file is not published. I have creates a WEB-INF directory with the file but Tomcat don't find the file.

Do I need the JAXP and SAX source ? The ccstags uri is in the web.xml and JAXP or SAX have the xml parser. Maybee those modules are not installed correctly.
NTJ
Posted: 06/10/2002, 7:02 AM

In tomcat which directory do you use for deploying your project ?
Dandavat
Posted: 06/10/2002, 7:40 AM

Tomcat includes SAX and JAXP already. You do not need to worry about this.

I deploy my applications to <TomcatHome>/webapps directory. Because CCS builds war files by default.
NTJ
Posted: 06/10/2002, 8:02 AM

I have default settings but CCS don't publish a war file. He publish all the files in the publish repertory.

How publish war file ?
Dandavat
Posted: 06/10/2002, 8:37 AM

Just indicate <TOMCAT_HOME>\webapps path in Server Path property of Publishing dialog. And CCS should build and copy war file automatically to webapps directory.

You can try build your project manually. Actually CCS generates self-indepenedent java project. Just run ant in your project directory with target 'deploy'.

Dandavat.
NTJ
Posted: 06/10/2002, 9:38 AM

I am damn bad :'-(

I have uninstall and reinstall CCS. I have created a new project (application builder) like in the tuturial. I choose to deployin <tomcat>/webapps but I have always the same error, he cannot find the ccstags uri. I have no CCStags.ltd in WEB-INF so I choose in Project/Settings/Publishing to publish all files. But I don't have the file CCStags.tld in the WEB-INF. And CCS publish each file, not a single war file.
Dandavat
Posted: 06/11/2002, 12:07 AM

The structure of the generated Java project is as following:
/YourProject
- /CCSBuild
- /src – all java source code
- /config – web.xml, CCStags.tld, properties etc…
- build.xml – makefile for Ant
- *.jsp
- *.xml
- *.ccp
- *.html
- YourProject.ccs
- /images
- /Themes
- /Manually created folders

And if you then build your project with ant in CCSBuild will appear yet 3 more folders:
- /app – application ready to be jared or be copied to the directory
configured as context root in application server.
- /appWar – here resides war file of your application
- /bin – all compiled classes

If you use publish button on CCS toolbar then this project structure is created in Windows temp directory (for example c:\windows\temp\~YourProject04). And after war file is created it is then copied to the directory you chosen as Server Path, and then appWar directory will be deleted.

So where do you look that you say you have no CCStags.tld? Do you mean that in <TOMCAT>/webapps you see all project files and no YouProject.war is there?

Hope this helps,
Dandavat.
NTJ
Posted: 06/11/2002, 1:21 AM

First thanks a lot for your help.

/src build.xml and config are in the CCSbuild director.

I have not the ant files. No war file, there is a problem in my configuration, in options/paths my ant path is C:\jakarta-ant-1.4.1. And when I build I have no errors.
Efren Lugo
Posted: 06/11/2002, 10:51 AM

I had reinstall CodeCharge Studio I got error on messages said dont found ccstags...

i dont want the war file... how i can deploy jsp files and the simple html files???

why some times i get a war...
ptoenz
Posted: 11/12/2002, 1:13 AM

hi - I have the same problem. I had opened a separate stream, but this seems to be a very similar case.

my problem is starting earlier: I cannot generate the CCBuild/config directory !

the jsp, html, xml fieles are generated fine, but then I get the following error message:

Generating Common Files
Error: Compiled file error
Source: Language "0.1", Template name: General
Description: Microsoft JScript runtime error
Automation server can't create object
line = 429, col = 4 (line is offset from the start of the script block).
Error returned from property or method call.

what could stop Codecharge from doing the next step ?? What does it want to create at that step.

many thanks
Patrick, Switzerland
Ken
Posted: 03/11/2003, 11:31 PM

i have similar problems too.

how do u solve it?
Ivan
Posted: 04/27/2003, 12:21 AM

The server has the same error as earlier discussed

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: File "/ccstags" not found
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl.(TagLibraryInfoImpl.java:214)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl.(TagLibraryInfoImpl.java:174)

I have CSStags.tld file in WEB-INF folder and publish the project without error..but still has this errors
Could someone help me , kind of urgent..Thanks so much!!
kedusuda
Posted: 10/25/2003, 4:33 AM

i hv the same problem. I try to look up for Build.xml and there are some not found item in the classpath. I not really know if this files is needed.

I installed all the software specified. But then, the same problem still exist.

What I should do now? Pls provide me the real solution.

=================== this is configuration for /WEB-INF/web.xml and /CCSBuild/config/web.xml ================

<taglib>
//<taglib-uri>/ccstags</taglib-uri>
<%@taglib uri="/ccstags" prefix="ccs"%>
<taglib-location>/WEB-INF/CCStags.tld</taglib-location>
</taglib>

==================this is detected NOT FOUND item in Build.xml ================

<target name="check.servlet.lib" depends="init" unless="servlet.available">
<fail message="Servlet 2.2 API is not found in your Class Path. Please add it to site Class Path property."/>
</target>

<target name="check.oro.regexp" depends="init" unless="oro.available">
<fail message="Jakarta ORO API is not found in your Class Path. Please add it to site Class Path property."/>
</target>

<target name="check.jdk14.regexp" depends="init" unless="jdk14.available">
<fail message="You selected to use JDK 1.4 regexps but your JAVA_HOME points to earlier version. Please install and configure J2SDK version 1.4 or choose other Regexp library."/>
</target>

<target name="check.jdbcext.lib" depends="init" unless="jdbcext.available">
<fail message="JDBC 2.0 API is not found in your Class Path. Please add it to site Class Path property."/>
</target>

============================================================================

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login