CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> ASP.NET - InMotion Framework

Show more useful error messages

Print topic Send  topic

AndyGB4

Posted: 03/06/2013, 5:35 PM

I'm working on a new C# InMotion project, and I have a few run-time errors here and there.
I'd like to fix them, but they don't give much information about what went wrong. This is the error I get:
------------------------------
Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->  

<configuration>  
    <system.web>  
        <customErrors mode="Off"/>  
    </system.web>  
</configuration>  

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->  

<configuration>  
    <system.web>  
        <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>  
    </system.web>  
</configuration>   
------------------------------

How can I remove this useless message and get something that will tell me what caused the run-time error? It's almost impossible to debug if I can't tell what caused the error.

I've tried adding the first snippet of code above, but I still get the exact same error message. And also, the web.config file from my CCS project doesn't use any closing brackets like " </system.web>" & "</configuration>", so I tried modifying the snippet by removing the clausing tags as well. Still no luck.. Am I doing it wrong?

Hope you guys can help! Thanks!
View profile  Send private message
AndyGB4

Posted: 03/06/2013, 6:31 PM

Never mind, I wasn't place the line at the right spot!

I didn't know that the closing tags were waaaaay further down.
I found the <system.web> tag and added the <customErrors> line and it works perfectly!
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login