CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

5.1 Javascript Errors and SetFocus Action not Converted Properly

Print topic Send  topic

princal

Posted: 08/23/2013, 10:53 AM

If the Client Action to SetFocus is included on a page I have found that when the project is converted from 5.0 to 5.1 the javascript is not updated properly. When you generate and publish the project you will see the following - Warning: Attention! Possible incorrect reference to control.

To fix the problem, delete the action by selecting it from the page using the Project Explorer. Deleting it using the events tab does not seem to work all the time. After you have deleted the action, save the page and close it. Reopen the page and add the Action SetFocus to the onload event, set the form and control for the action and you will be good to go.

Note that pages with this problem will make other javascript functions fail in IE as once IE errors out on the problem code it stops processing any more javascript. I do not know if this is true with other browsers. From my own experience I found that date pickers and other javascript based functions I had on pages that had failed before the fix, now work.

Hope this helps some of you.
View profile  Send private message
raphaelbiz

Posted: 02/20/2014, 1:43 PM

[Solved]

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login