CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

Grid & Record Builder output now changed in 5.1

Print topic Send  topic

AndyGB4

Posted: 10/10/2013, 7:13 AM

So going from 5.0 to 5.1, hasn't been easy with all the bugs,
but there is even something that CCS did deliberately that bothers me even more.

In the past (including 5.0), using the Grid & Record builder would give you a Search, Grid & Record, one on top of the other, in that order. And then I would just move them around in my html code to place them where I want.

But now (in 5.1), when you use the Grid & Record Builder, it generates the 3 blocks differently.

Structurally, it does it like this (this is not code, it's just to understand better):

<Panel1>  
. . <Search></Search>  
. . <Grid></Grid>  
. . <Panel2>  
. . . . .<Record></Record>  
. . </Panel2>  
</Panel1>  

And to top if all off, when you load the page, the Record does NOT show. And when you click on the "Details" link in the Grid, the Record then shows in a pop-up! That's cute and all, but since I have my own ideas of what I want to do with these 3 blocks and how to show them on the page, I don't need or want these extra Panels in my code, and especially don't want my Record to be in a pop-up...

I know I can just remove the grid and records from the Panels, but why did they decide to add all this? I'm sure it's just causing everyone to waste their time.
View profile  Send private message
mor

Posted: 10/10/2013, 7:23 AM

Andy,

you can disable option "Create AJAX Interactive components" at the first builder step and you get components, like in CCS 5.0 (without panels and assigned additional features). :-D

Posted: 10/10/2013, 7:27 AM

that is fantastic! Thank you so much!
It will save me tons of time trying to take everything out of the panels.

It's a cool feature for the people who do not change the page after generating the grid and records, but for us that need the page to look a certain way, it was a real pain.

Thanks again for your help!
View profile  Send private message
anthonyzz

Posted: 04/10/2014, 8:57 PM

I haven't dealt similar things before, anyway, I think these passages about grid records would be helpful to improve favors to your situation:

http://www.kettic.com/winforms_ui/csharp_guide/gridview_records.shtml

http://www.kettic.com/winforms_ui/csharp_guide/gridview...data_edit.shtml

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login