CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> IDE/GUI

Fails to generate with errors

Print topic Send  topic

pkrawetz

Posted: 10/30/2013, 1:01 PM

I'm creating a simple for with an image (points to a file in the source directory) and a menu with one item. I end up with this error. I've already contacted support but was wondering if anyone else is getting this. I just upgrade to the version released on10/29.

Error:pCXCConverter->backTransformationWithDOM failed
Generating "NewPage1"
Error:Generation error: the HTML template contains an incorrect symbol:
incorrect line=14 : <p><span contenteditable="false" style="HEIGHT: 20px; BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(C:Program Files %28x86%29 odeChargeStudio5/Components/Icons/IconMenu.gif); BACKGROUND-REPEAT: no-repeat; BACKGROUND-POSITION: center 50%; WIDTH: 100px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f7f7f7" ccsserviceable="true" ccstype="Component" ccsname="Menu1" ccsid="3">
incorrect symbol pos=102
Try removing the incorrect symbol.
Error:Internal error. Error occurred while generating the page.
Error:Error occurred while generating the "NewPage1" page. (1)
View profile  Send private message
eratech

Posted: 10/30/2013, 5:06 PM

I copied out the 'incorrect line=14: ..... ccsid="3">' and put it into Notepad++ on Windows - as the error says there is a problem with 'incorrect symbol pos = 102' I checked there.... and got a control character of 'FF' (form feed)

Try deleting and reselecting/typing the URL without the FF.

Also, I don't know if you typed in or selected the url for the image, but something is slightly wrong if there is an (invisible) control character in there.
pkrawetz

Posted: 10/30/2013, 6:45 PM

The code I referenced which has the error was generated by CCS. I did not enter that information anywhere. I thought maybe it was due to upgrading to the latest version using the prior versions CCS source. But when I created a brand new project with a image and menu, the same error gets generated.
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login