CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> PHP

Custom Delete

Print topic Send  topic

code2go

Posted: 12/11/2013, 1:20 PM

I need to decrement a display order number when a record is deleted. I have created a stored proc within mySQL that deletes the record, and then updates the display order number for the records that are left. The procedure works marvelously within mySQL, but when called from Code Charge the update never executes. I've tried calling it from all the delete events, and now as a custom delete procedure.
I've also tried executing the Update query from all of the Delete Events.

I do a similar thing when I insert a record, and increment all the display order numbers, and it works marvelously.

I don't think it's syntax, as I said I can get it to work directly in mySQL, it almost seems that Code Charge won't allow an update query near a deletion.

Any ideas?
View profile  Send private message
code2go

Posted: 12/11/2013, 1:21 PM

I meant to say I'm still using Code Charge 4.3.
View profile  Send private message
eratech

Posted: 12/12/2013, 7:50 PM

Howdy - It does work.

I've just looked at one of my Projects (PHP, CCS4.3) that uses the Custom Delete to run a proc. If I remember it did take a little tweaking of the parameters options to make sure the data type, length etc matched up. Mine isn't returning any parameter but I don't think that's a problem. Also, the 'Get Parameters' button is mostly useless for these Procs, so I hand key them.

I've done updates and all sorts of things in Custom Update/Delete so it's not a problem with the process itself, but it is probably a syntax problem (of course, I have also forgotten to set the 'Allow Delete' before, which meant all my Custom Deletes weren't executed anyway, so there is that)

Let me know how you go.

Eric

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login