CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

AutoFill Bug

Print topic Send  topic

cvboucher

Posted: 02/11/2014, 11:40 AM

I found a bug with AutoFill (and possibly other Ajax features) that I wanted to alert others to. The service that CCS generates includes a Format JSON action on Before Show Row. This action escapes any CR and/or LF on any string columns because the JQuery function parseJSON will fail if it contains any of these characters.

I had a column that was defined as a VARCHAR(MAX) (SQL Server). This column was created as a Memo data type in the service and didn't get included in the Format JSON action. I was using FCKEditor to populate this column so it contained CR's and LF's. AutoFill would fail when it received the results from the service and tried converting them to an object (with parseJSON). This happened even when I wasn't using that column for my AutoFill (all of the columns get included in the service when doing an AutoFill).

The simple workaround was to change the datatype of the column from Memo to Text in the service.

HTH,
Craig
View profile  Send private message
eratech

Posted: 02/11/2014, 4:45 PM

Thanks for the tip Craig.

I haven't seen that problem, but I tend to not use Memo fields after many bad times with ASP and MSAccess websites in the early 2000's :-)

Eric

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login