CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> ASP

Error 500 when returning to main page

Print topic Send  topic

Dreamcatchers

Posted: 02/25/2014, 12:28 PM

I have an app that works fine but some users contunally get an error 500 on a page they link to media files.

I have tried to reproduce the error but can not.

I did notice that if I clear the session variables and try to return to the page in question that it reutrn to the login page. This is what it should do. However if I remove login.asp from the url and use only the domain name then I get the error 500.

From that point on going to the domain name only returns a 500 error. Adding in another program name will rsult in a return to the login page.

It seems their is something its doing with the referring page when the users session get timed out and it redirected.

Has anyone had similar issues?

Posted: 02/25/2014, 6:11 PM

Just wondering - when you go to the domain name on it's own, what is the default page for the site ? Could it be expecting something and crashing out?

Eric
Dreamcatchers

Posted: 02/25/2014, 10:32 PM

Turns out it was an issue related to a sql insert. It seems some of the customer records had a null for the phone number. My tables are set to allow nulls. However the insert crashed yielding a server 500. SO before the insert I check the value of phone and if blank then I gave it a default "0000".

Problem solved. No more error 500.

Posted: 02/25/2014, 10:52 PM

Excellent!

E

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login