CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> PHP

consistent crash - RESOLVED

Print topic Send  topic

kirchaj

Posted: 03/17/2014, 12:19 PM

Ok here is a new one for me. I have a pretty large project and now anytime I go to add a label or other such thing my CCS version 5.0.0.16254 crashes. I have not upgraded because of the difficulties mentioned in the forums. I am going to email support but I think I know what their answer will be. :(
View profile  Send private message
ckroon

Posted: 03/17/2014, 6:45 PM

Put your cursor where you want the label to go and then switch to HTML mode, then insert the label.

It wont crash when its in HTML mode.. at least for me!

Posted: 03/18/2014, 6:59 AM

Thanks ckroon. I should have remembered that trick. I blame it on not enough coffee or sleep.

Thanks so much.
TK
View profile  Send private message
ckroon

Posted: 03/18/2014, 11:49 PM

Once I reboot my computer the issue usually goes away as well..
Glad I could help!

Posted: 03/19/2014, 3:10 PM

@ckroon's reboot comment...

Many years ago a company made a huge commitment to OS/2. Actually it worked nicely as a server, but as a desktop operating system it was a nightmare. Too, too many apps locked up the computer.

Users fought against converting to OS/2. A memo was issued, lauding the Implementation results:

"For each rollout, it takes an initial two week period for users to settle into the new operating system. This is demonstrated by our problem call log statistics." Charts and graphs made it clear.

The real story...

When the PC locked up, users would call the hotline. Hotline folks' response: "Please reboot. Yes, I'll wait... Is it working now? Okay, call us if you have any more trouble." Some users were slower than others and insisted on continuing to call the hotline over and over again. But after a couple of weeks they would simply reboot without reporting it.

8-) 8-)

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login