CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> PHP

File upload isn't working when record is inside an Update Panel

Print topic Send  topic

psychlopes

Posted: 05/17/2014, 6:37 PM

I haven't been using update panels in the past, and now I'm trying them for the first time - I know, noob,

Anyway, File upload doesn't seem to work when the record is wrapped inside an update panel, the minute the update panel feature is added, file upload stops working. Tried several ways of placing the record in the update panel, nothing works.

When I go to the published page on a browser and select a file to upload then submit the record, everything else is saved correctly, but nothing is changed in the file upload field as if I hadn't selected any file, the database field doesn't get updated and the file folder is still empty.

Anyone encountered this problem before?

Kind Regards,
Sam
View profile  Send private message
eratech

Posted: 05/17/2014, 6:43 PM

Sam

(put this under the heading of "It's probably wrong but...")

I suspect the Update panel is submitting the form, likely using jquery/AJAX and the fields are going OK, but the file upload isn't going as part of that. Check if there is any jquery in the page that might indicate if this is the case.

I've tended to be fairly conservative when designing upload forms - I usually split out the 'record' form from the 'upload' form to reduce possible problems. Not a great answer I know.

Let us know how you go.

Eric
psychlopes

Posted: 05/17/2014, 6:50 PM

Thanks eratech.
I'm afraid however that I'm not an expert with jquery/AJAX, I'll try, but I'm not sure I'll know exactly what to look for.

As for splitting upload forms from the record forms, it's a very good idea, and I will try to use it from now on, but sometimes it doesn't make much sense design wise.
MichaelMcDonald

Posted: 05/19/2014, 8:58 PM

A known issue since the year dot.

This forum has quite a few posts on it, never resolved.

Apparently can't work.

eratech

Posted: 05/20/2014, 9:46 PM

Thanks Michael - hadn't seen it, but then again I tend to naturally design around it anyway.

Eric

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login