CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> PHP

dynamic folders for uploads

Print topic Send  topic

kirchaj

Posted: 05/20/2014, 1:03 PM

has anyone found a solution to this post?

http://forums.codecharge.com/posts.php?post_id=101867

It is the exact problem I am having. I can upload, the file is in the directory I want it, but when the page refreshes I keep getting the error

the file xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx was not found. I looked but didn't find a solution.

TK
View profile  Send private message
eratech

Posted: 05/20/2014, 9:54 PM

TK - Looks like an interesting problem and been around for a while.

I might need to do something like it soon, so I'll see what I can do to help.

Is the error 'file xxx not found' coming from the CCS Errors (red above the Record form) or simply the browser not finding the file (like a regular 404 not found)?

Eric
kirchaj

Posted: 05/21/2014, 6:06 AM

Eric,

The error message appears in the CCS error section immediately after uploading the file. I am going to be playing with it some more today (after some sleep and coffee) but an extra set of hands would help.

this may also be complicated by the fact that my file directories are outside the web root. I did this for file security. Its funny though. The script can write just fine but cannot get to it after the fact. I know I am just missing something. Any suggestions?

I'll let you know if I have any luck.
Tony
eratech

Posted: 05/22/2014, 12:20 AM

Thanks Tony for confirming it's definitely a CCS problem not a plain old 404.

I agree that the first place to look would be how the URL to the file is being created and if the website can even reference outside the root properly. Might be an apache security setting.

Previously when I've needed to do something like this, I've done uploads to a sub-directory of the site, and then used a cron job to move the files to others outside webroot, and back again if needed, but haven't referenced them from the site after they moved.

Could the %TEMP% file upload location also be not found (CCS loads to whatever the system's %TEMP% location is first, and then moves to the final location - could it be in that process?) Try some messages in the 'AfterProcessFile' (I think) and see where it is breaking.

Eric
kirchaj

Posted: 05/22/2014, 10:57 AM

Ok, here is an update. I have actually gotten the file upload to work and the file download to work by following this post http://forums.codecharge.com/posts.php?post_id=96858

but still no luck with the error or the delete. Open to ideas.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login