CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> PHP

What happened to MySQLi support ?

Print topic Send  topic

bytebeam

Posted: 05/31/2014, 5:58 AM

In the connection settings and options of CCS 5 (5.1.1.18990), I don't see anymore the ability to choose between the regular or the improved MySQL PHP support.

I discovered this while starting to implement a PHP script requiring repeated insertions, which could optimally make use of prepared statements.

I created a moot application using CCS 4.3 (4.3.00.7676) to get the file db_mysqli.php, and installed it in the 5.x application by modifying the $CCConnectionSettings declaration in Common.php, and setting the DBLib value to MySQLi instead of MySQL.

Briefly tested the app, everything seems to work. Then went back to the prepared statement implementation, only to discover that the MySQLi prepare, bind_param and execute commands are not implemented in the PHP library...

Before I reinvent the wheel and add the missing methods, I'd like to know:

1) Is the lack of MySQLi in CCS 5.x an intended feature ? Or is it my install which is bogus ?

2) If MySQLi is supported in CCS 5.x, where could I get the most recent db_mysqli.php ?

3) If MySQLi s supported in CCS 5.x, does the lib include the methods allowing the use of prepared statements ?

Thanks for your attention ;-)

View profile  Send private message
vartron

Posted: 07/31/2014, 5:21 PM

There are many problems with that version 5, according to my opinion I have to work on PHP versions prior to 5.2 and everything works fine in later versions have had problems in general.

PHP 5.5.8 and having a problem with Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback

queries do not work well.
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login