CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> PHP

Total Records is right, but sometimes no records display

Print topic Send  topic

pbarkley

Posted: 06/11/2014, 5:41 PM

Here's a strange problem in a large system that has been running great for several years. One grid periodically will return the correct record count (Total Records: 3) but fail to return any of the 3 records. Most of the time this works perfectly, but in the last few weeks the users have reported several incidents, and documented them with screen shots, so I know this is actually happening, although it's almost impossible to reproduce.

The users think the 3 records have disappeared, which is what it looks like, but then when they refresh the screen the same record count of 3 will appear, and the 3 records, which haven't been edited for months, will reappear as normal. The database is not timing out because when it does occasionally from heavy use and large queries (not this one), it throws a time out error. There are no errors being thrown here.

I can't think of ANY reason why CCS would produce two different results and do so inconsistently. BTW the search criteria for this is very simple, only a single site from a previous screen. This screen then shows the site chosen at the top of the screen, and the grid produces the usual count and records. No special code.

Has anyone ever encountered a similar situation? I don't really think there's anything I can do about it since the data and the system are stable. Thanks for any discussion!
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login