CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> IDE/GUI

CCS 5.1.1.18990 on WIndows 8.1

Print topic Send  topic

ArnorBld

Posted: 06/28/2014, 12:44 AM

Hi all,

I have recently purchased CCS and have been playing with it on my HP Envy laptop. It has an AM D A10-5750M quad core CPU with 12GB of RAM, but CCS is very slow on it. All other software seems to run fine. It came with 64bit 8.1 installed and it's 100% up to date.

Is there anything I can do to speed CCS up on this laptop? This is not my primary development machine, but I planned to use it while I'l learning and haven't yet got around to install CCS on my main computer (i7 3770K with 32GB ram) Any known compatibility problems with 8.1?

What seems to happen most is that it takes forever to repopulate and redraw the Project Explorer tree. It can take 20 seconds for it to expand a node in the tree. The project I'm playing with currently has one _list page and one _maint page. I have Visual Studio Ultimate 2010 installed as well, and the Solution explorer there on a very simple ASP.NET page responds instantly.

Any ideas would be appreciated:)

Best regards,
Arnor Baldvinsson, Icetips Alta LLC.

Posted: 06/28/2014, 7:18 PM

Hi all,

Think I have found the problem. I had place the project on a network share and apparently that doesn't work very well. Just wanted to have my test stuff in a central place so I could play with it from more than one computer, but I'll just put it into version control and check it out where I want to mess with it:) Local project works fine.

Best regards,

Arnor Baldvinsson - Icetips Alta LLC.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login