CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

CCS ver 5.1.1.18990

Print topic Send  topic

Mango_Lier

Posted: 07/11/2014, 9:39 AM

Is it just me or this version is highly unstable when designing, renaming components. It seems to constantly go into HTML/PHP control sync corruption when renaming components. Also, I can't seem to figure out how not to use the jQuery and just have search/grid/record in plain HTML like the version 4. On the same machine (Win7 Ultimate) version 4 works like a charm.
View profile  Send private message
eratech

Posted: 07/15/2014, 8:54 PM

I suspect there was a lot of work done in V5 updating the 'ribbon' and converting a lot of the JS from prototype to jQuery, and some of the changes for Win 7 and Win 8 (the IE stuff that CCS relies on for some things) didn't help.

Agreed it's more unstable than version 4, but I still consider it a better generalist tool than a lot of hand-coding.

E
Mango_Lier

Posted: 07/16/2014, 11:02 AM

I love the tool but what about providing a patch to improve things. I want to move to V5 for production but tool stability is the issue.
MichaelMcDonald

Posted: 07/16/2014, 5:21 PM

I updated a project and it changed all my html hex codes to RGB.
I wouldn't mind but the interface doesn't support RBG as an attribute in the css inline styling method, so when you look at the attributes of an element and then press Apply it fails.

eratech

Posted: 07/18/2014, 12:18 AM

Last year I was holding off V4->V5 but eventually had to as my CCS 4 at a Client site just decided one day it had had enough and died. I still have my personal copy of CCS 4 for one site, but the others are in CCS 5 now. A couple were converted and one has been V5 from the start.

Mostly it was the nice additions of jQuery, and the AJAX modal forms (that I had a wealth of trouble with in V4) that pushed me to V5.

At one point you just have to backup the V4 project, and migrate, and deal with the issues. Good Luck!

E
glucz

Posted: 07/24/2014, 11:13 AM

I honestly tried to use V5 and 5.1 . I put a lot of effort into it, but finally decided that the tool has come to a breaking point where considering all issues and problems, it is more trouble than the time I save with it. I reported a lot of problems to support that they told me they could not replicate or what I wanted does not work at all (upload component in modal window for example). I even recorded a development session to youtube to show how it locks up / crashes / or simply just messes up the project every 5 minutes ... So unless there is a major overhaul coming until the end of the year, I will just move on to other things.
saseow

Posted: 07/24/2014, 10:43 PM

I have also started with the latest version.
The biggest hassle I had was with Win 8.1 and had so many systems that I was busy with that I had to roll back to Win 8 to work on them.
In the interim I upgraded three large systems to CCS 5.1.1.18990 jumping through all the hoops and once that was working on Win 8 I upgraded to Win 8.1.
A few little things are a hassle but all in all things are going OK. Small things like not been able to select radio buttons in a form via the GUI are just an annoyance. You can select them from the project explorer so no big deal.
All in all, I am very happy with the latest version, especially the AJAX stuff which just works so much better than the Yahoo/PT stuff but, like most others, I would love to have a system without all the quirks. Let's hope soon!

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login