CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge -> General/Other

Controlled Database Insert

Print topic Send  topic

zaleeu

Posted: 08/14/2014, 6:04 AM

Hi,

I would like to know if there is some way to stop a database insert ( Add new record ) until a correct password is typed.

So basically you will have a form with all the fields but it should not add a new record until a correct value( password ) is typed. The password wont be known by the person who entered the data in the form.

So the data first has to be checked, before it goes into the database to prevent garbage being entered.

Any help will be most welcome. Programming language should be ASP.Net compatible.

Thanks !
View profile  Send private message
eratech

Posted: 06/03/2015, 7:48 PM

zaleeu - I know it's from some time ago, but look into the Validation event (you can set some Custom Code to check for the value of a form control with the password) and the InsertAllowed run-time property.

The example for PHP in the Help is:
global $items;  
if (CCDLookUp("email_address","emails","email_address="  
. $items->DataSource->ToSQL($items->email_address->GetValue()),$items->DataSource))  
{  
  $items->InsertAllowed = false;  
  $items->Errors->addError("Provide another email adress.");  
}

I didn't find the precise code for the .NET version but I believe there is a similar property as the Record Form Reference includes the property.

Cheers

Eric

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login