CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> PHP

Grid in includable page doesn't work properly

Print topic Send  topic

lemonmuffin

Posted: 10/17/2014, 3:24 PM

Hello,

I need to show information on a grid on different pages so I made an includable page and used the builder to make the grid with a search form, then I pasted the inc. page on another normal one and run the project. When I open the normal page the grid shows the information I want, but when I use the search form it gives me this error:

Fatal error: Class 'clsDBCon1' not found in C:\NewProject2\NewIncludablePage1.php on line 390

I wish to know if it's possible to fix this problem and how.

Thank you for any suggestion!.
View profile  Send private message
andrewi

Posted: 10/18/2014, 8:51 AM

Hello!

(assuming CCS 5)

When you say 'pasted the includable page on another form', that sounds a bit strange. To include a form you click the "Include Page" button on the Forms toolbar then browse to the includable page. I presume that is what you did.

The error on the face of it is strange; you say that the list works OK on first opening the page which suggests that the database connection (clsDBCon1) is working.

What I would try first is check that the includable page works OK. For this I would set Includable back to "No" for the page and then run it on its own and check that it works as a standalone page. Then you can determine whether being an Included page is the cause or not.

lemonmuffin

Posted: 10/18/2014, 9:58 AM

Hello and thank you for replying!

Yes, when I run/open the page the contents of the includable page shows normally, the grid has data and the navigation works ok, it's just when I try to filter the information in the grid with the search form that I get the error message.

I also run the includable page with the Includable property to No and it works as it should! So yes, the error appears when the page is converted to Includable Page, it seems pretty obvious the problem is caused by the lack of the include files that are removed after conversion but I don't know how to deal with that, I've never had this problem before. I would really like to know if there's a way to make it work.

As for the "pasted the includable page on another form" thing, I wrote it like that since I felt I was using to much "include..." already so I tried to use other words , lol :-D. I did use the toolbar button. Oh, and it is CCS5.

Thanks!
andrewi

Posted: 10/18/2014, 12:23 PM

Ok, from the other perspective, is there anything particular on the Including/parent page? If you try including it in an otherwise completely blank page does it work?

There were issues a while ago (a very long time ago) around an included page depending on the name given to the include-page component. I don't think that is relevant here, but you could check for name clashes.
http://forums.codecharge.com/posts.php?post_id=47616&s_keyword=include

What is the code on and around line 390?

The other standard debugging approach is to delete all Code (assuming no customisations) and rebuild it. Or create new versions of the pages for testing. Codecharge doesn't normally get its own code wrong.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login