CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> PHP

Grid/Record Builder + no record editor

Print topic Send  topic

lurch99

Posted: 05/02/2015, 11:10 AM

I'm using CCS version 5.1.1.18990 with PHP 5.3 and when creating a blank page then using the Grid & Record Builder, and publishing the project/page, I'm not able to edit a record as the floating Ajax box (panel?) isn't appearing at all.

I've created a fresh project with the same data properties and see this works correctly. I also deleted all the remote content and forced a fresh publishing of the site data, same problem.

Is there at least an easy way to disable the Ajax-y features of the floating Grid/Record detail, which appear to be the problem? I'm not seeing any errors when publishing...

PS I fire up CCS about every six months and am fairly new to version 5, but am using standard settings.

Any tips or help appreciated.

Doug
View profile  Send private message
eratech

Posted: 05/02/2015, 7:35 PM

Doug,

To turn off the AJAX-y when running the builder, there is a tickbox on the first page the builder that is automatically ticked.

The example page you gave I can see 2 problems:

1. The JS console warns "Invalid CSS property declaration at:" in jquery-ui.css lines 799, 802, 809 all relating to ui-widget settings with what I assume to be values being loaded (eg: "/*{fsDefault}*/" but I think they are commented and likely not the issue;

2. Immediately after the <body> tag there are 2 panels with the id of 'Panel1' which is likely breaking something.

Have you manually added a panel as well as the builder? Try giving one of them another name and see if the AJAX works out.

Also - was the project with the problem originally a CCS 4.x project that you upgraded? I have found problems with the ajax additions for those cases, and so leave them 'non-ajax'.

Cheers

Eric
lurch99

Posted: 05/02/2015, 7:57 PM

Thanks Eric, this is really helpful. I'll try out your suggestions! Much appreciated.

And yes, it was a project migrated from 4.x, I guess it's time to build it up from scratch, which I expected having to do.
View profile  Send private message
eratech

Posted: 05/03/2015, 7:23 PM

Yeah, I found the change from prototypejs (CCS4) to jQuery (CCS5) caused some generation issues and so I simply left them as was until I really needed to. I add jQuery separately if really needed.

At least recreating a project in CCS5 is generally pretty quick (depending on complexity of course) Look at the Data Dictionary to store those common settings (eg: button text with 'Update' instead of 'Submit') and it will save even more time.

Cheers

Eric

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login