CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> PHP

Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (resolved)

Print topic Send  topic

pbarkley

Posted: 08/02/2015, 4:18 PM

Although this was addressed back in 2006, it's still an issue. I had a large application that I simply copied to a new project file, and then deployed in CCS 5.1.1.18990 to a different server. I had it connected correctly to the new MySQL file. Everything was perfect, except that I got the "Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by" message, and it drove me crazy, since it's not something that was directly under my programming control. IOW, it was an error somehow caused by CCS, possibly during deployment. This was a more powerful Linux server with a lot more options under my control, so my initial assumption was that it was a configuration problem in php.ini or .htaccess or somewhere else on the server.

The clue was interesting. The system was throwing this error on every page, referencing the header statement on the page AND line (in my case) 4147 of common.php.

However, the fix was amazingly simple, and was discussed in other threads. (I thought surely this couldn't be the answer 9 years later, though.) In my case there were, according to html-kit, only 4146 lines in common.php. Line 4145 was ?> to end the php, line 4146 was blank, and line 4147 was non-existent. So I deleted line 4146 and the problem went away.

I hope by posting this in 2015 that others will see that it's STILL a problem, and the fix is easy, rather than wasting a lot of time like I did looking for server problems. :-(
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login