CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> ASP

MOVE SOME RECORDS FROM TWO TABLES

Print topic Send  topic

Cris

Posted: 08/27/2015, 2:27 AM

I guys,

I have to implement one of my projects.

I have two tables , the first is called news and the second is archive . I have to pass some records from news table after the deadline date into archive table .

Do you have any suggestion on how to do that ?

Thank youhor your help

View profile  Send private message
eratech

Posted: 08/28/2015, 5:56 AM

Cris,

I tend to leave things like that in the same table and set an archived flag or similar, but that's not important.

I think the aim is to automatically trigger the movement (execution of SQL) and there are several options I can think of:

* (if I was on linux) I would run a cron job to run a web page or SQL command. Not sure if you can do something similar on windows scheduler (I know you can schedule stuff, just unsure if you can load a webpage)

* If running MySQL (or MS SQL etc) you should be able to set an event to run the SQL (on MySQL it is 'Events', and in MSSQL you have Jobs that can run SQL)

* put the sql query in a Before Show of a page (like the list of articles or a menu, something reasonably often used) so that when it is opened, the move is done (it's not fully automatic but it would work if nothing else is available)

As for the SQL if you haven't got it already: something like this for Mysql
START TRANSACTION;  
 INSERT INTO archive (<field names>) SELECT <fields Names> FROM news WHERE deadline < CURDATE();  
DELETE FROM news WHERE deadline < CURDATE();  
COMMIT;

This can be put in a single SQL Query and executed at once.

Cheers

Eric
Cris

Posted: 08/28/2015, 6:34 AM

Quote eratech:
Cris,

I tend to leave things like that in the same table and set an archived flag or similar, but that's not important.

I think the aim is to automatically trigger the movement (execution of SQL) and there are several options I can think of:

* (if I was on linux) I would run a cron job to run a web page or SQL command. Not sure if you can do something similar on windows scheduler (I know you can schedule stuff, just unsure if you can load a webpage)

* If running MySQL (or MS SQL etc) you should be able to set an event to run the SQL (on MySQL it is 'Events', and in MSSQL you have Jobs that can run SQL)

* put the sql query in a Before Show of a page (like the list of articles or a menu, something reasonably often used) so that when it is opened, the move is done (it's not fully automatic but it would work if nothing else is available)

As for the SQL if you haven't got it already: something like this for Mysql
START TRANSACTION;  
 INSERT INTO archive (<field names>) SELECT <fields Names> FROM news WHERE deadline < CURDATE();  
DELETE FROM news WHERE deadline < CURDATE();  
COMMIT;

This can be put in a single SQL Query and executed at once.

Cheers

Eric

Hi Eric,

Thanks, excellent as always your suggestions on the other hand

View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login