CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> ASP

I NEED A HELP

Print topic Send  topic

Cris

Posted: 10/26/2015, 8:26 AM

Hi guys,

I need an help to create a step of my project.

The part that I'm not able to create, is an interactive user search box but with even some text and textarea boxes but that they do not influence the research itself, all , obviously, will be saved into a table that at the end of this process they will pass all these data to a PayPal account.

I tried to check the Ajax example "Three dependent list boxes" but I'm not sure if this the right way to solve my problem.
Can anyone help me with that problem ?

Thanks for help and suggestions

View profile  Send private message
eratech

Posted: 10/26/2015, 6:55 PM

@Cris - so what function exactly are you trying to do?

The 3 Dependent listboxes will work, and I've use the normal 'Autocomplete' and 'Autofill' services for things like town/postcode (zipcode) lookup.

And what problems are you experiencing?

Eric
Cris

Posted: 10/27/2015, 12:20 AM

Quote eratech:
@Cris - so what function exactly are you trying to do?

The 3 Dependent listboxes will work, and I've use the normal 'Autocomplete' and 'Autofill' services for things like town/postcode (zipcode) lookup.

And what problems are you experiencing?

Eric

Hi Eric is nice to hear you .
I know that the dependent list boxes work, I have a friend that asked me to create on her website a search box like this :

http://www.venicewatertaxi.it/en/tickets.html

If you try to work with that module all the list boxes are , maybe, combined because if you check on the first list box to leave from an hotel in Venice , it appears a new list box with all the Hotel in Venice, and from others list boxes combinations they appears some new listbox.
So this is my problem , how I can make replicate this module for my friend

Do you have idea how to move

Thank you

eratech

Posted: 10/28/2015, 4:47 AM

Cris - if I understand the example you gave for the tickets, you don't need the dependent drop downs (they are for selecting a value and filling another drop down based on the first selection)

The example you provided looks to be hiding/showing other fields based on the selected value. I would put a Custom Code in the Client Side Change event for the drop-down and then use normal jquery (which I assume you are using) to just hide/show the other fields based on the selection.

You can wrap the fields to hide in <spans> to make it easier or just identify to jquery using the ID.

Hope I understood the problem

Eric
Cris

Posted: 10/28/2015, 8:00 AM

Hi Eric,

Yes you have right. my problem is that I'm not able to work with JQuery right now because I starting to learn JQuery but I stopped because I have others problems more urgent. Let me say if I understood right what you suggested :

I created an example based on the link that I gave to you. In the first list box that contain all the departure points and when the user select : 'HOTEL IN VENICE ' they will appear a new list box with the list of all the Hotel in Venice, but what I do not understand is how ( and where put the code) to Hide/show this list box

could you tell me if there is an example in codecharge do do this ?

Regards

eratech

Posted: 10/29/2015, 5:47 AM

(ARRRRGGH - timed out when I posted it and lost the lot)

Shorter version - look for the 'success' section of the autocomplete code in the HTML - when the 'first' listbox is successfully filled, add something like:

$("#hotelslistbox").show();
and you can use a similar $("#hotelslistbox").hide() on the page load to hide it initially.

example of show/hide: http://www.w3schools.com/jquery/tryit.asp?filename=tryjquery_hide_show

I suggest you spend an hour or two looking at the basic jquery as it will save you heaps of time in the long run.

Cheers

Eric
Cris

Posted: 10/29/2015, 6:21 AM

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your suggestion

I had already tested some example on the w3school

Cris

Posted: 11/05/2015, 9:31 AM

Hi Eric,

I studied hard Jquery, but the problem is that the hotel listbox it will appear only if the user select the item HOTEL IN VENICE from the first listbox and I don't have Idea how to write this into codecharge studio

Can you help me ?

Thank you

eratech

Posted: 11/18/2015, 11:17 PM

Cris,
Sorry - I've let work get in the way.

I think I understand the problem a bit better.

It appears that as you select different values from "Where are you leaving?" dropdown, it will load a different set of fields below it. Some are just text areas, others are fields, and some are other dropdown list (as in the "Hotel in Venice")

Either way you are going to need to use some jquery and you will need to set the 'change' event for the "Where are you leaving?" dropdown and either:

1) on change, then show or display the required section (that is 'div') and hide all the panels that don't relate to the current selection;
or
2) on change, get jquery/ajax to load a HTML section of form into a set location (div) on the form (I suspect this is the method used by the venice taxis due to the number of possible selections)

If you have 2-3 panels to display, I would build the whole form and show/hide the required panels (option 1), if more or complex, you can have includable forms in CCS that supply a simple form that can be loaded into another form without duplicating styles and HTML headers etc.(option 2)

See the jquery on loading sections into a page (and this can be used to load CCS services and PHP, so long as it returns HTML)

http://api.jquery.com/load/

a demo of similar: http://www.encodedna.com/2013/07/dynamically-add-remove...sing-jquery.htm

Either way, a little jquery will make your day easier.

Cheers

Eric

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login