CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

Converting CCS 4 to CCS 5

Print topic Send  topic

ab5ni

Posted: 05/01/2016, 9:36 AM

Hi folks,

I have an old CCS 4 project that I need to convert to CCS 5. Just wondering what I need to do. Currently, I load my old CCS 4 project into CCS 5, and no pages come up, and not a single page is being displayed. Any help resolving this issue will be greatly appreciated.

TIA,

Randall Jouett

View profile  Send private message
Cris

Posted: 05/03/2016, 2:05 AM

Quote ab5ni:
Hi folks,

I have an old CCS 4 project that I need to convert to CCS 5. Just wondering what I need to do. Currently, I load my old CCS 4 project into CCS 5, and no pages come up, and not a single page is being displayed. Any help resolving this issue will be greatly appreciated.

TIA,

Randall Jouett

Hi

if you want to convert your projects from CCS to CCS5 you have to OPEN this project (made with CCS4) with CCS5 that it automatically recognize the project created with an old version of CCS and ask you if you want to convert with the new format.

My Suggestion is to create a copy of your project (created with CCS4) into another new folder and from there open it with CCS5.

Good luk and enjoy with your CCS5

eratech

Posted: 05/03/2016, 6:27 PM

Agree with Cris - take a backup just in case. CCS will offer to backup as well, but I'm always for extra backups.

Note that some of the CCS4 stuff (such as prototypejs) will remain in CCS5 and might not covert to jquery - so if you want jquery you will need to manually convert them. But all the usual stuff works well.

CCS5 also has a different Styles method (instead of Themes? I think) so you might look at updating that manually if the old style doesn't appeal to you.

Eric
ab5ni

Posted: 05/11/2016, 9:00 AM

Hi Guys,

Did what u suggested and everything seems to be working just fine. woot!

Thanks again,

Randy

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login