CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> ASP

Hide Rows for Hidden Fields

Print topic Send  topic

dodaniel

Posted: 08/03/2016, 11:40 AM

On my record maintenance screen I have 6 hidden fields that are each in their own row below the other fields that are not hidden. I have to have the hidden fields on the maintenance form so they will auto-populate on new records but I don't want the user seeing the blank rows where they are hidden. Is there a way to hide the row where the hidden field is at?
View profile  Send private message
dodaniel

Posted: 08/11/2016, 9:09 AM

Does anyone have a solution for this? I ended up moving all my hidden boxes side by side on the last row and even though it looks wide in the Design view, it only shows the width of the actual visible boxes on the published page. There is still a blank row showing on the published page that contains the hidden fields so I would still like to know if there is a way to not make that row visible and the hidden fields still work.
eratech

Posted: 08/18/2016, 6:24 AM

Dodaniel

Hidden fields won't affect the layout. They are hidden and it doesn't matter if they are beside or below the visible fields.

If you are worried about the extra row then move them to wherever they don't affect the row. If they are only used for bed records then you could move them to the end of the table and not in a row.

Cheers

Eric
dodaniel

Posted: 08/22/2016, 12:27 PM

Thank you eratech for your response. I tried moving the fields below the grid so they would not take up a row but then they did not populate. I guess I will have to live with there being a blank row showing that contains all the hidden fields.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login