CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> PHP

Import Projects to PHPStorm?

Print topic Send  topic

CodeDy

Posted: 02/14/2017, 2:10 AM

Hello there.

I recently started working at a new company and now I'm in charge of maintaining some old WebApps based on MySQL, PHP, HTML and a few JS-Frameworks like jQuery. The projects were originally set up using CCS. The former developer has left the company. So there is one left to ask.

A while back, the company switched to JetBrains' IDE. I wonder if it is possible to import the projects into PHP storm and keep some of the publish-settings. Otherwise I have to do it all manually on my new computer ( https://www.cheap.forsale/dell-xps ) which would be quite an effort. So is there a way to perform this task smartly?

Thanks for any help on this.

CO.
View profile  Send private message
DataDoIT
Posted: 02/14/2017, 6:01 PM

The best way to perform this task smartly would be to keep the projects
in CodeCharge Studio. :)
eratech

Posted: 02/16/2017, 2:56 AM

@CodeDy - it really is better to try and upgrade the CCS projects into a new version of CCS. There is a trial version, and if you use a single language (PHP) then it's fairly cheap.

What you lose in trying to learn a new IDE and methods, you gain every time you need to add a field to a form, or waste time figuring out where to add your code, or add a commonly used Action.

The number of times people ask for methods of importing sites into CCS (as the project is lost and they only have the published files) is amazing. Once you get out of CCS and start adding your own code directly, you will be left with a multitude of places to update. Every single time.

Of course, CCS could do with an update to it's generated code and security settings but for what I use it is ideal. And I switch between PHP, ASP and ASP.NET projects and only need to learn 1 IDE.

My $0.02 - this is an unpaid recommendation based on many hours with CCS and many hours coding forms manually and getting too old for it.

Cheers

Eric

MichaelMcDonald

Posted: 02/20/2017, 10:18 PM

Yep. Why add complexity in your life :)

MichaelMcDonald

Posted: 02/22/2017, 12:55 AM

That being said, I took a look at tutorials and cannot ascertain what builders, etc it offers, but it looks really good for function creation and if you took a ccs page and dropped all the html and php, php_events, etc into single pages and called your includes pages it looks like it might be possible to use storms relative semantics naming to build a re-factoring process and correct broken 'linking' with some ease.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login