CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> PHP

AutoComplete, AutoFill

Print topic Send  topic

enrico_nic

Posted: 03/01/2017, 7:30 AM

Hi,

I am facing two problems.
In a text box field, I wonder to "autocomplete" the value in the field, having the possible values selected from a DB table that contains approx. 100.000 records. That is, I wish the user enters the initial part of a word, letting him/her choose between a list of different values in the DB table that have the same initial part (of a string, in my situation).
Afterwards, I wonder to set the value ("autofill") of another text box field, retrieving a value from the DB related to the value entered during the "autocompletion" event.
The problem is I have been stopped at the first step, autocompletion does not work
What I've done:
- select the text box field
- Builders -> Autocomplete
- in the autocompletion form, I have selected Target control, Data source, Value field, Field name as suggested in the "AJAX Autocomplete Builder" section of the manual
- published the page on the web site

the field appears as any other text box, but without any "AutoComplete" features: if I type 'e', and I'm sure that many records exist in the table beginning with an 'e', nothing appears.

Please help ...

Thank you
View profile  Send private message
sabolc

Posted: 03/15/2017, 7:43 PM

I may be wrong but don't you need more than one character to start the search? At least 3?
enrico_nic

Posted: 03/17/2017, 6:42 AM

I have the same behaviour entering 1,2,3 ... up to 10 chars.
Even trying to:
- select page (the Autocompletion feature should be related the page, I guess)
- Builders -> Autocomplete
- in the autocompletion form, I have selected Target control, Data source, Value field, Field name as suggested in the manual
- published the page on the web site

the field appears as any other text box, but without any "AutoComplete" features: if I type 'Col', and I'm sure that many records exist in the table beginning with a 'Col' string, nothing appears.
As an addition, nothing appears in the web server's error log.

Please help ...
Thank you
enrico_nic

Posted: 04/04/2017, 2:56 AM

I have completely recreated the page: now both autocomplete and autofill features are working.
eratech

Posted: 04/07/2017, 12:26 AM

@enrico_nic - thanks for letting us know it's working.

CCS does sometimes get confused and fails for no reason and it's easier to delete something and redo. I've done the same myself.

Cheers

Eric

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login