CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> PHP

CCS Designer Disconnected from Database

Print topic Send  topic

pbarkley

Posted: 04/04/2017, 7:57 PM

I've never seen this before. I have a CCS application, one of many, but this one has a problem. When using any of the tools such as the Visual Query Builder, CCS can no longer see the database. If you try to add a table, it can't find any. If you have a query with a table that was working, when you look at it now, the table name is there but the fields are gone.

The code still works just fine and will run on my localhost as well as production servers. Only this one application has become disconnected in the designer, and I have no idea what needs to be rebuilt to restore this. And yes, I can write straight SQL for all these queries, and in fact that's what I've been doing, but that's getting tedious and I'd like to fix the problem so I can use CCS the way it was intended.

CCS 5.1.1.18992, PHP, MySQL 5.x, Windows 10 if that suggests anything to anyone. Thanks for any ideas!
View profile  Send private message
pbarkley

Posted: 04/04/2017, 8:47 PM

Never mind! After putting up with this for a week or two, my own post inspired me to look around more and compare a working and non-working project. In Settings / Connection 1, I had lost the server, user name, password, and database info from the Design tab, but not from the Server tab. The Test still worked and the generated code could connect OK, but apparently CCS needs the data on the Design tab (Ohhhhhh, DESIGN tab, yes now I get it!). Sorry for the dumb question. Hope someone else stumbles on this years from now and it helps. The usefulness of the two tabs has never made any sense to me until now. :-(
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login