CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> PHP

Database Error: No Database Selected

Print topic Send  topic

gulamc

Posted: 02/22/2020, 2:14 AM

Hi,

I had program that was running perfectly for several years, out a sudden it started throwing an error:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: [] operator not supported for strings in /home/xyz/public_html/scripts/outages/v1/Common.php:399 Stack trace

I therefore tried to recompile the same program using the same connection settings in another location to try to test, now the program is running but is throwing the following error:

Database Error: No Database Selected

What could be the problem, would appreciate any help

GC
View profile  Send private message
gulamc

Posted: 02/22/2020, 3:35 AM

I have seen the problem, its because I have switched to PHP v7.x If I go back to PHP5.6, the program runs ok.

What still baffles me is if CCS5 does not support PHP 7, then why is it that other pages developed using CCS5 on the same site work ok.

Is there anything I can do to make CCS5 pages work on PHP 7.x?

GC
PCHome

Posted: 02/22/2020, 9:21 AM

CCS uses far too many obsolete functions that are no longer included with PHP. For example, the mysql drivers were removed long ago in favor of mysqli and CCS says it is supported but that has not been my experience so I stopped using it altogether. Just too buggy to be useful with nonexistent support and no updates for many years. Even when CCS was active, Yes tended to release new versions with little testing.
enko

Posted: 02/28/2020, 2:31 AM

I have the same problem with php 7.1.26 ad upper but NOT with 7.0.33 !

Posted: 02/28/2020, 3:09 AM

To solve
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: [] operator not supported for strings in /www/wwwmysite/Common.php:399 Stack trace

Go to Line 399 and you should find
$values[] = array($bound_column_value, $db->f($text_column));

You can fix the PHP error by first initializing $values[] as an array:

$values = [];
$values[] = array($bound_column_value, $db->f($text_column));

Tested with PHP 7.4.3

Posted: 02/29/2020, 6:01 AM

Dont use any PHP 7 less 7.3. these are "in-between" releases and off-support ....

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login