CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

CodeCharge no longer work in windows 10

Print topic Send  topic

jimmy

Posted: 08/13/2021, 12:02 PM

I am upgrade the latest CCS for the pass 2 years in windows 10. I have not use it for 1 year and today when I try to access CCS, the program is not working. All I saw is a icon on my task bar and I can't open it.

Anyone have any idea why and how can I get resolve it?

I had uninstall and install the software but my problem did not got resolve. FYI, My PC is automatic update windows 10 patch.

Please help. Jimmy
View profile  Send private message
saseow

Posted: 08/15/2021, 11:23 AM

I think their server may be down. In Options (if you can get that far) switch off "Check for updates'. I am using it on Win 10 with no problems. All latest Win updates.
jimmy

Posted: 08/16/2021, 1:49 PM

Saseow,

Thank you very much for your reply. Because my CCS is like a icon on the task bar, I can not switch off "Check for update". I will try access CCS everyday to see if I got any luck. Any suggestion is welcome!
saseow

Posted: 08/16/2021, 8:26 PM

Jimmy, go to the CodeChargeStudio5.exe file, right click it and select Troubleshoot Compatibility. Play around with that and see if you can get it started.
jimmy

Posted: 08/16/2021, 8:42 PM

Saseow, Thank you for your suggestion. I try to run with windows 7, 8 and it is getting worst. Now I do not even see the CCS icon on my task bar. I also check the task manager (it is not even there). When I turn off the competitive mode, my CCS icon is back on the task bar. Any idea?
jimmy

Posted: 08/16/2021, 8:42 PM

Saseow, Thank you for your suggestion. I try to run with windows 7, 8 and it is getting worst. Now I do not even see the CCS icon on my task bar. I also check the task manager (it is not even there). When I turn off the competitive mode, my CCS icon is back on the task bar. Any idea?
saseow

Posted: 08/16/2021, 10:52 PM

Sorry Jimmy, I am also pretty much stumped. I presume you are running it as Administrator.
The only thing I can think of is have a look at the Event Viewer and see if you can catch any error logged there pertaining to CCS. That is the last think I can suggest other than creating a virtual machine on your hard drive, putting say Win XP there and installing CCS on that and see what happens.
jimmy

Posted: 08/17/2021, 10:36 AM

Saseow, Thank you very much for all your help. I am able to install CCS into another windows 10 PC. Maybe I will use that PC to do my work.
saseow

Posted: 08/17/2021, 7:41 PM

Good luck Jimmy. Hope it all works out for you.
ccsminer

Posted: 09/05/2021, 6:01 PM

Quote jimmy:
Saseow, Thank you very much for all your help. I am able to install CCS into another windows 10 PC. Maybe I will use that PC to do my work.
If you can, suggest creating a virtual machine of this same environment. Then, you can host the VM (i.e. using VirtualBox) on any OS of your choice.
enko

Posted: 09/07/2021, 5:59 AM

Quote jimmy:
Saseow,

Thank you very much for your reply. Because my CCS is like a icon on the task bar, I can not switch off "Check for update". I will try access CCS everyday to see if I got any luck. Any suggestion is welcome!
In CCS install Directory check options.ini and in [general] section set CheckForUpdates to False
Hope is usefull

Posted: 09/07/2021, 11:06 AM

Enko,

Thank you for you help. I did try using virtual box with windows 7 and CCS is working good in this setup. The downside is I heard Orable is going to charge virtual box soon (like they do in Java). Thanks

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login