CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

Component was not found - Help

Print topic Send  topic

leo
Posted: 06/12/2003, 3:09 PM

I got this error after launched Application Builder. Please help!

Warning:Component "Login (Record)" was not found in the HTML during the synchronization process.
Warning:Component "Header (IncludePage)" was not found in the HTML during the synchronization process.
Warning:Component "Footer (IncludePage)" was not found in the HTML during the synchronization process.

Leo
rclayh
Posted: 06/12/2003, 6:32 PM

CCS Synchronizes the contents of your pages. If you deleted these items (or altered them to the point that CCS no longer "recognizes" them) you'll get this message.
leo
Posted: 06/13/2003, 10:06 PM

CCS doesn't generate any pages. All are blank html. I didn't delete anything since I just launched totally new application.
Please help!!!

Leo
leo
Posted: 06/13/2003, 10:10 PM

I even reinstalled CCS, the problem is still there. It works fine with my other machine though.

Leo
FB
Posted: 08/29/2003, 4:38 PM

I'm dealing with this problem throughout the last 3-4 releases of CCS (it stared with CCS2).
In my case it concerns Form or Grid components (TextBox,Link,ListBox,TextArea...what have you) not being found after building.
In principle this issue affects any interactice HTML element, except CCS-Labels.
Using Builder-Wizards or Forms components (from the Forms tab) makes no difference.
Only workaround is to enclose the components with Block-Comments (e.g. <!-- BEGIN TextBox MyTextBox -->...<!-- END ... -->).
In that context CCS accompanies affected components with "ccid=" statements (Design Mode).
I ignore the warnings categorically (click "no" to preserve the components) as the code still executes as intended and html output is displayed corecctly.

My observations so far:
This problem commences definitely after a CSS crash (Symptom: CSS closes instantly with system error)
A REAL issue is proper output of Path/Directory applications:
once it works (before crash/after reinstall), then it doesn't (regenerate after crash); to be precise the data from the DB queries is not output, however rows are parsed as needed, i.a.w. only the text is missing.
Despite debugging the code (primarily use PHP), I have still to identify the root cause.
Also I wonder how CCS identifies component in the HTML code since I could not find any trace of special-characters.

I have found this kind of crash-symptom within the community posting however no real answer. Reinstallation and re-activation can not be the long-term solution.

I process my CCS projects over the network on a fileshare. If this is a problem with CCS then we have a REAL issue.

So far even CC support hasn't been able to recreate the problem (I would be interested to learn about Dev-Environment standards).
Is Win2K a certified platform for CCS ? ;-)
FB
Posted: 08/29/2003, 6:50 PM

I have been able to recreate the problem.
When
1. I disable under Tools/Options/HTML formatting "tag names are in lowercase"
2. Save the document
3. Re-generate the page (Publish or Quick Publish)

I will receive immediately these infamous Warnings.

By
1. Enabling the "tag names are in lowercase" option
2. Then saving the document (otherwise the CCS engine will complain)
3. Re-generating/Publishing

The issue gets resolved and the html code will be corrrectly formatted.

Therefore I conclude that the engine has trouble with recognizing UPPERCASE ascii code in the page. I suspect it is related to the fact that Fast-template Blocks have to be in uppercase to be recognized.

It would be good if the CCS team could look into this since the UPPER TAG/lower attribute has been good style (especially for readability).

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login