CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

Bug??

Print topic Send  topic

Rene
Posted: 07/22/2003, 3:56 AM

heeey,
Two hours back I was working with CCS2.1 and everything is perfect .. I restarted the PC and opened the project and Suddenly i can't rename pages .. and the page doesn't open when I double click on the page name.

I hope I am not the first in this :)
Rene
Posted: 07/22/2003, 4:07 AM

I noticed also that all icons in the tabs (builder, forms, html) are the same as the first icon, for example in the builders all are grid in html all are forms even if you click on create link ..
Gerard
Posted: 08/09/2003, 5:11 PM

I have the same problem, did you get an answer, otherwise i have to reinstall my computer. After several times installing CodeCharge studio the problem keep existing.

I hope you can answer me
RonB
Posted: 08/09/2003, 11:50 PM

try completely uninstalling CCS and after reboot do a fresh install.

RonB
ArthurN
Posted: 08/10/2003, 9:43 PM

I'm having same problem and I'm getting really desperate. I posted a support request and tried as they told me to: downloading a newer version and reinstalling the older. Nothing helped: all the buttons in the toolbox insert one and the same code.
ArthurN
Posted: 08/10/2003, 9:46 PM

Oh, and when I open the project for the second time I can't do anything with the page: it doesn't open for editting and there's no pop-up menu for it.
Bea
Posted: 08/11/2003, 4:54 AM

I had the same problem.
We need a solution, please.
I work with XP Pro.
Thanks in advance.

Bea.
Tarabika
Posted: 08/11/2003, 5:59 AM

Well. I have the same problems:

- The page doesn't open when I double click on the page name.
- All icons in the tabs (builder, forms, html) are the same as the first icon, for example in the builders all are grid in html all are forms even if you click on create link ..
- The program does not publish the pages.

T have reinstaled all program and the problem persists.

Thaks in advance.
Bea
Posted: 08/11/2003, 5:59 AM

I have permissions from administrator and the problem stills....
(sorry for my english).
RonB
Posted: 08/11/2003, 6:27 AM

Ok, we had a problem installing a second liscence at work and it turned out to be a problem with permissions. Once we installed as administrator CCS worked fine. No problems for other users either. So look to see if the user you use to install CCS has enough permissions to install the software.

Ron
ArthurN
Posted: 08/11/2003, 7:49 AM

I've got WinXP Pro on my home PC and I always log as an admin. Nothing cures the problem though.
Tarabika
Posted: 08/11/2003, 8:12 AM

I had Win XP Pro and administrator permissions and the problem still during too.
Gerard
Posted: 08/12/2003, 12:36 AM

We have the same problem.
After uninstall and reinstall, the program stills doing the same thing you talk.
We must program 5 applications; please, resolve the bug!
Thanks.
Dennis
Posted: 08/12/2003, 1:32 AM

Sounds just like a problem I encountered in another application. It ended up... believe it or not, being the video driver... just thought I would post that tidbit.

I've been running it for about a month now, no major problems..

hope you guys can get it resolved, been there done that, got the t-shirt.

Rene
Posted: 08/12/2003, 1:40 AM

Hey guys,
Don't worry I think the support guys are working on this issue .. but if you a quick solution then believe me you will have to format the hard disk and then install CCS again .. it will work just fine ..

I got used to this problem because I am formatting my PC every month or so ..

by the way guys, does anyone know why the grid is not sorted when I choose options in the search part of the grid .. I changed the the column and I selected Descending and I clicked on Search button but the same grid loads again nothing changed .. can anyone help please ???
rfc
Posted: 08/12/2003, 5:30 AM

got the same problems on XP.

in addition on the database not all columns of a table (ORACLE) are seen by the builders
RonB
Posted: 08/12/2003, 11:01 AM

Looks like it's a winxp problem when you see the messages here. Anybody having these problems and not using winxp?
I was thinking of switching from win 2K pro to winXP pro but if that means I'll be having the same trouble I'll wait.

Ron
DaveRexel
Posted: 08/12/2003, 2:03 PM

::

IMHO YesSoftwares dependence on MS-HTML components is the bug source as the current spate of desperate fixes/patches from MS Update often breaks more than it fixes but we're forced to install or face the increasing flood of Windows related security flaws. If only CCS was released for X based OS.

Some of the stuff I've tried rebooting at every turn:

- re-installing CCS after uninstalling and deleting all related registry keys
- running a CHKDISK at reboot after install of CCS
- making sure indexing service is on for the C drive
- always installing to the standard location
- using w2k insted of XP

Usually run CCS without reboot/crash for long (for windows) periods == 2-3 days

Dave
RonB
Posted: 08/13/2003, 3:19 AM

Hi Dave,

Yes told me in answers to support questions that they are working on their own version of the dhtml engine since the MS version is indeed causing a lot of the bugs. If they succeed that might also clear the way to a possible port to X based OS. They cant now because they are up to their necks in to MS dependencies. As a lot of us know...that's not a place you want to be...:-)
I'm afraid though that the market for an X based os version is to small to invest a lot of time and money in to. Yes also has shown it's commitment to MS by develloping a frontpage plugin while almost everbody that professionaly designs uses Dreamweaver. If they were able to come up with running CCS as a Dreamweaver plugin I would be thrilled. Just think of the power a combination like that would have.

Ron
Tea
Posted: 08/13/2003, 4:29 AM

Please, resolve the problem with Win XP. I can work!
DaveRexel
Posted: 08/13/2003, 5:12 PM

Hi Ron

This was excellent news! With a in-house engine CCS devs would be free to really develop instead of continous bug hunts due to the flawed MS components.

Regards
Dave
avelino
Posted: 08/19/2003, 2:13 AM

Have you found any help for the problem?. I have try all posible solutions but the result is ... not work.

The only way for repair the problem is reinstaling the SO (w2000 prof)?

Thanks.
stef
Posted: 08/27/2003, 5:38 AM

I have the same problem !!!!!!!
Tea
Posted: 09/09/2003, 6:33 AM

The problem still during after format my PC and reinstall all again.
Problem still during every month, so.... i would to reinstall my PC every month?
The problem is not XP because i do not install any patch and any actualization since latest formating...
Ladies and Gentlemen of Yes Software, you have a problem...
RonB
Posted: 09/09/2003, 6:44 AM

I contacted Yes about two weeks ago because I'm planning to install winXP pro and they assured me that there were no problems anymore so maybe something is going very wrong here.

Did you contact Yes with this problem and if so...what was their reaction?
(they almost never reply on this forum so post your problem through support.codecharge.com)

Ron
DaveRexel
Posted: 09/09/2003, 12:23 PM

::
I run my registered copy on a laptop with w2kp & IE6 (not media player9) with all the latest patches/bugfixes/upgrades that MS spews out === not a single CCS issue as mentioned here.

I've installed the trial version also on different w2k machines for teaching purposes and still not met this problem.

As a systems administrator (>150 PCs not counting servers & laptops) I consider XP to be cripple-ware as it hinders even admins from performing many tasks and hinders many file functions. CCS or no CCS w2k will be the last MS OS I will support, wish Yes Software would see the light and make a Mac OSX version as most professional media creators use that OS.

So if you have the licences try installing CCS on a freshly deployed w2k machine. Media-Player 9 is spyware and also crippled in many ways so see if leaving this out will help.

Greetings
Dave

RonB
Posted: 09/10/2003, 7:47 AM

Is winxp pro as bad as the home version? I have winxp(pro) on a second pc and it works well. I like the startup speed of winxp since my current win2K pro box (pentium4 3 gig, 512 ram) is very slow in comparison during startup. It is running mysql apache php etc so there's a lot to start up but stil...

I like the look of winxp and if CCS, apache, mysql,php runs without trouble I'm willing to up(down)grade :-)
I'd love to bypass winxp and run some linux distro but I don't think it will happen anytime soon. I'm amazed that open source has yet to develop an answer to something like CCS, even if it was just for php I'd considder it if it had the same features (I'd even pay for it:-) And something like dreamweaver would be nice to.

Ron
Tea
Posted: 09/10/2003, 7:51 AM

It's incredible...
I had to buy Win2K to use codecharge.
Developpers of CodeCharge, i hope yoy quit WinXP from the O.S. supported by your program!
Brian
Posted: 09/10/2003, 10:08 AM

It's incredible.
Anybody representing codecharge studio here?
No Name
Posted: 09/10/2003, 10:44 AM

Tea & other complainers,

Both CC205 & CCS21 work on Win98SE with MS-PWS, Win2000-Pro and WinXP-Pro running the MS-IIS server.

These consumer versions, WinME & WinXP (notice no "PRO"s here), will make it crash. That is because they were NOT designed for the "pros" that develop web applications running databases. So if anyone installs a MS-server software on these consumer version, they get what they ask for -- trouble.
 Page 1 of 2  Next Last

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login