CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

ListOfValues and Grid results CCS

Print topic Send  topic

TheNetGuy
Posted: 08/16/2003, 5:53 AM

Please help me, I have been playing with CODECHARGE for last couple weeks, and have understand most the functions.
I then tried CCS only to find out that CCS does not allow me to do things as easily.
A lot of features are required to be 'hand coded' (even features that were Simple in CC)

Please Help.
I am using PHP / MSSQL / IIS

Problem with LISTOFVALUES for Grid Results.

My LISTOFVALUES is simple:
0;Complete;1;Not Complete

All i have to due is use the same 'List Of values' In the SEARCH Form field, the RECORD Form Field, and the GRID Form field properties.

In codecharge I can easily change the results of a column with the FIELD PROPERTIES - Join- List of Values

In Codecharge This is Very Easy, And all works great.

In CCS I do not know how to get the GRID form field to use the LISTOFVALUES
to convert the results.

In CCS I know how to enter the LISTOFVALUES for my SEARCH/RECORD Listboxes, BUT cannot input the LISTOFVALUES in the GRID form. Thus my results are the Number and NOT the VALUE that i Specified in the LISTOFVALUES for the listboxes.

1. How can I get the GRID results to change to the Same LISTOFVALUSE that i specify in the listboxes?

Please tell me how I can change the results of the GRID FORM Field to translate/Display the Numbers BACK to the names.

Mutsch
Posted: 08/17/2003, 10:15 AM

This is not perfect and I whould to see some more help from Yes Software in this respect but you have to add event code for the resp. grid column and translate the field value into text. Use an indexed array to translate the int value or do some if-then-else or switch.
You can also build a couple of predefined actions to achieve the same thing but this is less intuitive.

Mutsch
TheNetGuy
Posted: 08/20/2003, 8:57 PM

we will see if they incorporate this in.

I am disapointed taht this feature is not in even though it works great in CC.

Thks for the help. and responses.

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login