CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

CCS bind_events() (javascript) & include pages

Print topic Send  topic

Sean
Posted: 08/16/2003, 9:21 AM

Hello All,

When adding a client side event (onchange, onclick, etc.) using CCS it generates a function called bind_events(). If I add a client side event to both an include page (i.e. a header), and the main page, only the event in the header works. This appears to be because CCS is adding 2 bind_events() functions (also 2 window.onload = statements) to the final page that is output to the browser which appears to only see the later set.

Has anyone else run into this?
Any idea on workarounds? Preferably that minimize custom code.

I'm using CCS 2.0.5.6 & PHP.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Sean
Mark
Posted: 08/22/2003, 9:00 AM

<Has anyone else run into this?>

Hi Sean,

I've got the same problem. The server event "OnClick" doesn't work either (in my script).
But I'm new in PHP and CCS and this could be a bug in my programming. The event "OnClick" doesn't run the function. I needed to add some custom code to run the function "OnClick". The function runs, but it still doesn't do the job.

If I catch a solution, I gone post it here.

Regards,
Mark
Sean
Posted: 08/22/2003, 10:13 AM

Mark,

I was able to fix it with the following kludge. Basically I renamed and modified the bind_events code that was in my include page to test if there was another bind_events function and if so add the headers event, and then call the other bind_events, if not then just do as usual.

This issue is clearly an oversight by codecharge, hopefully they'll fix it in a future release.

Sean

//bind_events @1-A6C6176B
function bind_events_header() {
if(window.bind_events){
if (document.forms["Menu"]) check_and_bind('document.forms["Menu"].NavList','onchange',page_Menu_NavList_OnChange);
bind_events();
}else{
if (document.forms["Menu"]) check_and_bind('document.forms["Menu"].NavList','onchange',page_Menu_NavList_OnChange);
forms_onload();
}
}
//End bind_events

window.onload = bind_events_header; //Assign bind_events @1-19F7B649
Karen
Posted: 11/04/2003, 12:22 AM

I've also encountered the same problem after upgrading to CCS2.2. Hopefully, they'll have a bugfix for this soon.

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login