CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

Problem with "oversize" edit/update?

Print topic Send  topic

CAPT Curt
Posted: 08/18/2003, 3:18 AM

I'm working with a "do-everything" database, some with tables which have 40 fields or so. Keeping things simple (CC2.1 newbie), I'm able to use the Application Builder w/o mods for most of the tables. BUT, for the ones with many fields, I get this error:
There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.

Again - no problems with small tables.
Same error with tables as small as 25 fields.
(So, my temp work-around is to break up the edit/update into 2-3 pieces. Not fun. Not fast. Not easy.)

Any advice??
Thanks!
glerma
Posted: 08/19/2003, 3:08 PM

CAPT Curt.

I don't see how your issue is related to how many fields you have in your table. Incidentally, it seems a little scary the way you use so many fields in one table. That kind of defeats the purpose of what's called "normalization" in Database Relational Design theory. Less tables are not necessarily the best way. If that were the case, you could use CSV or some other flat-file database.

The problem seems to point to a redirection problem or maybe something misconfigured with your webserver or the page you are trying to go to doesn't exist.

Check your Return Page properties on your forms, etc.

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login