CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

Change Form field in e.g's

Print topic Send  topic

Simmy
Posted: 08/19/2003, 12:50 PM

Isn't CCS awesome? Everything is going well - I am using the e.g. Employee Directory to develop an Car Leasing web site and I've even got the Client to pay half up front after doing just enough to demonstrate its capabilities and the ease of admininstration. However, I am a newbie and have figured out the odd soloution, like inserting my normal Dhtml into the Header file and thus having my pretty cool navigation, creating a new form and displaying multiple records with pictures for certain car types. Its almost there, however I am running into problems changing the fields for Phone and email to simple text boxes that don't require data in a certain format, ideally I'd love to implement selection drop downs. I have tried updating the intranet DB but run into problems as the tables are linked. I created my own database with the fields specified as I'd like but then had the problem of login and administration. Each time I mess something up I need to create a new project and reinsert my navigation into the header again. I have guess that would be best reading the full tutorial but I am so close and I can do that next week. Also could you highlight what info I need to tell my ISP. I'm using Jet drivers, access and win 2k and putting the database in the same folder as include files - is it most likey that they haven't insalled the latest Service packs? Any help would be much appreciated, also I am willing to undertake any menial tasks that anyone has as I am just building my business based on CCS and looking for more clients.
glerma
Posted: 08/19/2003, 2:54 PM

Simmy. This just an opinion, but why are you posting this?

You seem to know where most of the answers are to your questions:
>I have guess that would be best reading the full tutorial but I am so close and I can do that next week.

My question to you is this.
Instead of commiting to a project before knowing how to use the tools, why don't you take a step back and learn the tools first like everyone else?

Then, if you run into something that you don't understand from the tutorials or the VERY Informative manual, you can post valid questions here that people might want to help out with. You seem to be wanting to take the easy way out.

I for one would love to help you on you way, however there are plenty of users on this forum who have exhausted their efforts to find an answer BEFORE posting here. My suggestion to you would be to learn using the Tutorials first. This would be fair to us users here and your client.
Simmy
Posted: 08/20/2003, 2:35 AM

I take your point - I should learn more but that takes time- I am completely new to web programming and feel that I have already made vast advances thanks to CCS. I am looking for the easy way out but these are fairly simple questions which others could answer easily - I have done a massive amont of reading on this list just to get it to work on IIS- I am still having problems on my ISP. I am working almost 24/7 and feel delighted that CCS enables me to do the wonderful things it does and even can make dosh out of it - so although a appreciate your opion, I don't particulary find it helpful as it doesn't address any of the questions that I posted - Rest assured I will get to the bottom of this with or without your help
glerma
Posted: 08/20/2003, 3:08 PM

Simmy. I agree. I'm sure someone will eventually help you. I wasn't speaking of your problems with your ISP. I was mainly speaking of you attempts to find CCS answers that are probably right under your nose if you were to just read the docs and manuals. That's all I was saying.

It is only my own personal philosophy, but I feel that this forum should be used in a more constructive manner. Instead what happens is there are literally hundreds of posts with redundant information. It has become a feeding trough for people looking for the "easy" way to quickly make money based on other peoples ideas. This forum should be used as a way to find information that CANNOT be found elsewhere.

But "rest assured", if you think that your style of learning will benefit you in the long run, I would say you are sadly mistaken. If you you wanted to learn how to fly, you wouldn't just read the first few chapters, get up in the air, then read the rest of the manual as you flew, would you?

No hard feelings... Good luck.
Simmy
Posted: 08/22/2003, 1:39 AM

I have sussed out the validation stuff and built quite a grovy site which works well on my IIS. When I put it on my commercial webserver I'm getting error:

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0126'

Include file not found

/selection.asp, line 4

The include file '.\Common.asp' was not found.

This code was generated by CCS and I don't want to mess around with it and it is through out my ASP files. why does it put .\ surely that means back to a local directory. I have followed the instructions for a DNS-less connection and have the database in the same folder as the Common.asp file and have set all the rights on the server to read/write/execute even for public users.

Has anyone seen this before?

glerma,

I hope this one isn't too trivial - I have made copies of the project and attempting removing .\- I am learning by doing and will attempt to keep my questions apt. Cheers
Simmy
Posted: 08/22/2003, 10:28 AM

Removed .\ now get

Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a0401'

Expected end of statement

Classes.asp, line 122

Public Default Property Get Parameters(Name)

According to http://www.aspemporium.com/aspEmporium/forum/display_message.asp?mid=112

Author: Bill Gearhart
E-mail: not available
Date: 10/29/2000 9:51:18 AM
Subject: Download VBScript 5.5
Message: Your host is not running the latest scripting engine for VBScript which is 5.5. Have them download the latest version from Microsoft (link is in the ASP Emporium download area) and then the app will work with no problems.

Would you concur?
Thanks

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login