CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

having trouble with the links

Print topic Send  topic

Sal
Posted: 08/25/2003, 10:19 AM

basically everytime i create a site using codecharge it makes them in this format{index_src} that is how the links are coded is there a way to change that ot where the links will actually work?
sal
Posted: 08/25/2003, 10:46 AM

ok considering i just read the documentation on the program it says it is sopposed to be like that yet when i upload the site or even try to open the pages locally it refuses to find the right pages. is there something i am doing wrong here?
glerma
Posted: 08/25/2003, 10:48 AM

Not exactly sure what you are meaning, but every Link Control Property will have the Href Source Value that you can use to set where you want to link to. You should not need to modify the HTML code manually.

If they are still not working properly, there might be in issue with your webserver configuration. Sometimes issues can arise when the ending slash is not including on your document root path. E.G. /path/to/your/documents/ versus /path/to/your/documents . This causes problems with relative paths.

Check your webserver configuration to see if it is adding this slash or not.
sal
Posted: 08/25/2003, 11:01 AM

yes it is adding the slash. all i know is i create the pages and when i hold the mouse over the link it shows it saying {index_src} and ifi click it it gives me a 404 saying it cannot find the page. not sure if that helps or not.
RonB
Posted: 08/26/2003, 3:10 AM

The {somelink} bit should be replaced at runtime with information from the asp/php or other language page. It looks to me that the template isn't handling the data right. Did you configure your server right? If things like grids etc show up properly then it should work if not you are having trouble at serverside. If your grids are showing data from the database check if the source is set for the links.

Hope this helps, otherwise please state wich language you are using and wich version of Codecharge you are using.

Ron
sal
Posted: 08/27/2003, 12:31 PM

im using php4 with templates using the built in script for the store. now when i type in the links for each html page it shows me the pages but wont link right to any other page. and none of the php pages will even show up it jsut says canot find the page. and im using 2.1.1.20 that is the version number. now i dont know if it is doing that because right now im using the trial version or not?

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login