CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

Unable to display generated asp forms

Print topic Send  topic

Ian C
Posted: 08/25/2003, 2:01 PM

NEw user of codecharge - building simple app using CC and MS Access.... published site but file not found when attempting preview... 404 error... form is in directory. Tested using browser via open file... file is ASP ... finds form but shows asp code instead of form.... whats going on? Localstart.asp works fine.... Ian
sal
Posted: 08/26/2003, 12:15 AM

im havingthe same problem but not only with asp with php too and the html pages the links dont work.
Kip Dole
Posted: 08/27/2003, 7:04 AM

Ian,

I bet you need to modify your common.asp file.

strConn = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;User ID=Admin;Data Source=c:\somedirectory\data\Portal_MSAccess.mdb;Persist Security Info=False"

Here is an example of mine.
JD
Posted: 08/27/2003, 2:03 PM

I have a similar problem, and I am using PHP4. Everything in the config tests fine, including manually starting and running a PHP program. And yet, I cannot get anything to show in a browser except source. I have sent a message to CCS support regarding this, and have not had a reply yet. I'll post an answer either when I get one from them, or when I figure out what the problem is on my own (which, by the type of answers I've gotten from them so far, seems more likely).
sal
Posted: 08/27/2003, 2:41 PM

well get this they have no phone support online the online JUNK and i sent them a request for help on this very subject and my post. and never got a response well i just got off the phone with them adn they are now getting thier butts up and looking into it. cause this now makes 3-4 people having the same problem. but at least i got one answer it dont mater if it is a bought version or a trial version it is sopposed to work. as soon as i get a response ill post it here and how to fix it!
sal
Posted: 08/29/2003, 7:41 AM

well i finally gotthe answer. with me the problem was that my server didnt accept asp pages so i had to use php well i still had the same problem but that is becuase i forgotto make the tables in my sql database. so more then likey check to see if your server allows asp pages if not then you have to go to a different server or make it in a different format. then make sure you create all the tables for the database. if ya need anymore help feel free to email me atdragosia@yahoo.com
yodabear
Posted: 08/29/2003, 12:19 PM

SAL - HAHAHA - LOL - WE'RE LAUGHNG

Thank you Sal,
We have not had so much fun since reading the list of SCO press-releases (you don't work for them do you?)

Did you send as garbled and unreadable support request to the vendor as you posted here?

Or did you try to phone in an equally understandable explanation of your problem.

Can you make people understand you in your native language or do you hit them 1st to get attention?

u r a god - thank you for your advice, I will email your address whenever I'm too confused if my server supports PHP or ASP, do you have a solution if it only supports JSP? You must be an expert and I will give your email address to everbody I meet.

Thank you again for a very nice attitude towards the makers of this software who will be only too happy to support your deranged requests:

must go now all this laughing has given me an immense thirst ;-)
RonB
Posted: 08/30/2003, 4:40 PM

LOL LOL, But be fair Yoda. Newbies have a right to blunder. I just hope he installed php on his server or he is soon going to find out that even filling the database will not solve his problems. Did I mention configuring his flavour of webserver?

Ron

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login