CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

How to disconnect PID from MySQL from CCS

Print topic Send  topic

Kengaun Oung
Posted: 08/25/2003, 5:46 PM

Noticed that from my winMySQLAdmin process panel, when I login to my application there will be a new PID created to show that I have connected to the database. But when I logout from my application, the PID still there exists
there - in sleep mode.

Question : I would like help or advise from any one is there a way how to disconnect the PID from the database connection ? or this is the way ?
If the PID will not be disconnected, then it will have many many PIDs hanging
there.

I am using CCS 2,1 to develop my application. I am using php and MySQL.
RonB
Posted: 08/26/2003, 2:43 AM

Hi, there are several things you have to consider.

1. Apache, being multithreaded, can have some trouble with persistent connections. This will cause new connections to be made even when there is an open existing one. Simply because it's a new child proces and therefore will get a new connection.(this is the way it works under windows maybe Linux is different) In my experience MySQL is very fast even when you do not use persistent connections so you might think about not using them.

2. In MySQL you can set the time that is allowed for an idle connection before it gets killed. You could set this to a shorter interval so open but unused connections are being closed faster.

Ron
kengaun
Posted: 08/28/2003, 8:11 PM

I found the solution.

If I uncheck the Persistence Conncetion in CodeCharge Setting, the PID will
not show up.

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login