CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

html separated from php file

Print topic Send  topic

zeromaster
Posted: 08/28/2003, 5:06 PM

hi + thanks 4 yr time !
i'm a beginner into this area so please bear with me.
my problem is as follows:
i have an e-book .
I have placed the index.html page which is associated with index.php inside this ebook. When the ebooks index page opens, i wanted for the index pages textboxes to be filled with info from the ebook (eg. title, name, email etc) & then to call on the associated index.php file which resides on the server(only testing with localhost(local webserver))at the moment.
The problem is that:
1)when the index page opens it shows the php variables (in braces)which are in textboxes.(which is correct because it hasnt contacted index.php at this point)but it wont load the ebook info into the index.html pages textboxes. I'VE TRIED BUT JUST CANT SEEM TO GET IT TO WORK !
Then i need the index.html page to contact index.php to deal with the ebook info
2)when index.php is then called it refers back to the index.html on the server not TO INDEX.HTML which is inside the ebook.

if i call index.php rather than index.html(which is what i'd prefer) it will return index.html which resides on the server which the php filewants to access.I have been able to use an iframe which works good except i have no idea how to get the ebook info inside index.html which is inside this iframe.

how do i
1) reference index.php (which is on the server) to the index.html which is inside the ebook rather than to index.html on the server (which is the file that index.php wants to see)
2)how do i get the info from the ebook into this index.html (javascript.variable -->php.variable)
thanks heaps !
these 2 problems has been really bugging me !
i've tried so many things that now i'm lOST !!
glen
feha
Posted: 08/29/2003, 4:27 AM

If your server does not support index.php or gives priority to index.html ...

Than rename your index.php to Default.php and your template Default.html after that make a new page index.html
put inside this html code :
---------------------------
<frameset rows="100%,*" frameborder="0" border="0" framespacing="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0">

<frame frameborder="0" name="MYTOPFRAME" src="./Default.php" noresize="noresize">
<noframes>
<body>
<br>
<a href="./Default.php">Enter Here</a><hr></a><br>
</body>
</noframes>
</frameset>
------------------------------------
It will load in to this frame your Default.php

Hope this helps!?
regards
feha
[www.vision.to]

zeromaster
Posted: 08/29/2003, 8:08 AM

thanks for your response Feha.
Your suggestion does work. I tried ! but cant put the ebook values into the text boxes inside the frame page.

i'll keep trying with index.html page to get values from ebooks javascript.
glen

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login