CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

ASP.NET CCGetUserID not declared

Print topic Send  topic

Sam Kabila
Posted: 08/28/2003, 8:57 PM

I am newbie to CCS. Using 2.1.1.20 version with VB.NET.
I created a authentication builder, and another page. I want to display the UserID as they logged in. The previous posting show that you can use this function.

I have created a label (label1), and in the Events>BeforeShow, I have tried:
Retrieve value for control (name: label1; sourcetype:expression; sourcename: ccgetuserid())

or Custom Code: Label1.text = CCGetUserID()

the common error I am getting is CCGetUserID is not declared. Am I not including a class or something??
please help
Tom
Posted: 09/04/2003, 8:46 AM

It is probably easier to just call the session variables they use

label1.text = session("UserId")
lneisius
Posted: 09/04/2003, 10:58 AM

I have to disagree with tom here as the best way to retrieve values are with the built in CCS functions like CCGetUserID. This way if you change any of the session names in the properties of the project the functions are updated to reflect this and you don't have to sift through all your custom work to change things. I would try Label1.Value=CCGetUserID() ,remember that this will only display the users id from the dbase and not the users name. to display the users name do a dlookup using the usersid as the where of the sql.

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login