CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

join of tables in TWO databases

Print topic Send  topic

DonWolli
Posted: 09/01/2003, 9:55 PM

how can i realise a join of two tables in two different databases with CCS 2.1.20?
RonB
Posted: 09/02/2003, 12:54 AM

use the beforeshow row event to get the value from the second database with CCGetDBValue using the label holding the key for the second database in the query. For example:

global $gridname;
$db = new clsDBConnection2();
$gridname->db2_field->setvalue(CCGetDBValue("select field_in_db2 from db2_table where key_field_db2 =" .$gridname->db1_field->GetValue(), $db);
unset($db);

Ron
DonWolli
Posted: 09/02/2003, 1:12 AM

thanks ,
the problem standing behind is a little bit more complex nevertheless its an "allday" day problem.
i have two tables customer and orders.
in the order_maint form i have a list box with an sql-command which shows the list of all customers. as bound column i use the customer-id , as text-column name+id.
now i have second column,called "plz" of the customertable which i want to store in the order table column "plz" after selection of the customer-id.
my problem:
how can i use customer.plz to set order.plz ???

probably a lack of CCS-knowledge on my side ....
wolfgang
RonB
Posted: 09/02/2003, 1:43 AM

Ok,

in that case use the before insert event :

as the value of the plz field in the order form is dependent of the customer selected in the dropdown it's no use in showing it on the grid, so make it a hidden field.

global $gridname;
$db=new clsDBConnection2();

$gridname->hidden_plz_field_name->setvalue(CCGetDBValue("select plz from customer_table where customer_id=" .$gridname->listbox_field->GetValue() ,$db);

unset($db);

Ron
DonWolli
Posted: 09/02/2003, 2:20 AM

hi ronB, thanks a lot for your help.
after finally inserting a second ")" at the end of the line , it worked (;-)))) )
as i said : a problem of not-knowing the ccs-functions ...

again
thanks a lot

wolfgang

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login