CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

Datepicker CCS

Print topic Send  topic

Kip Dole
Posted: 09/04/2003, 1:37 PM

Hello,

I am receiving a "Script Error!" error when I try and use the Datepicker. I am new to CCS but have used CC in the past. My 2 ideas are:
1. I have some kind of permission problem.
2. My datepicker.js is messed up

I even tried the date builder without any luck.

Thanks for any help!
Mutsch
Posted: 09/05/2003, 12:36 AM

There is a third option that is actually the most likely one: you messed up your Internet Explorer. IE is tidly integrated into Windows and used (or parts of it) by many applications as a rendering engine. CCS itself is one such application. The risk of messing up IE by installing other applications that modify parts of IE is very high.

I had the same problem you described with datepicker and in general with popup windows opened via JavaScript. The error was always the same: "object does not support message".

I tried to repair IE but no success. Only a complete reinstall of XP solved the problem.

So, bad luck for you. Think about a reinstall which might be good anyways if you havn't done so for a while.

Mutsch
Kip Dole
Posted: 09/08/2003, 2:12 PM

When I uploaded my site to my provider it worked perfectly. It must be the way I set up IIS on my pc.

Thanks for your suggestions!
Mutsch
Posted: 09/08/2003, 2:35 PM

Just in case, have you tried to open the site using let's say Mozilla or Opera?
If this works then you know it is a IE issue. Hopefully it is not an IE problem.

Mutsch

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login