CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

Shopping-E Commerce

Print topic Send  topic

DeKemp
Posted: 09/05/2003, 6:04 AM

Bookstore example from CodeCharge.
Can this example be loaded in CCS and genberated of course.

Has anybody taken this example an made a full functioning shop?
Or has anybody done the shop better?

For example, new vision demands that the user enters his/her details at the end of the shopping/ordering cycle.

Anybody interested in buddy-ing ?
feha
Posted: 09/05/2003, 8:18 AM

We are working on new project, a complete solution.
Vision.To WebShop XL ...
It contains
except usual weshpshop functions even:
1.customer order history
2.customer reg. with autopassword.
3.support system.
4.Invoice system.
5.Stock manager system
and much more ...

Soon it will be online DEMO at www.vision.to
Development is for PHP/MySQL under CCS2.1
still is version beta 0.1b
(this is commercial version)
regards
feha
[www.vision.to]
RonB
Posted: 09/05/2003, 4:02 PM

I used the editable grid to build a basic shoppingcart. I was asked to build one with checkout through paypal and decided to leave the user details to the paypal system as it requires the user to enter them when they create an account. I think it's very user unfriendly to require a customer to give this kind of info twice (once on your site and again at checkout). I integrated paypals IPN(instant payment notification) This ensures I get all the info I need as the servers not only tell you the payment has been completed or cancelled but also send all the custumor info you could want.

The order is stored in a temp table and only transfered to permanent when the IPN system confirms the completed payment. That way you keep the database clean and avoid fake orders messing up the database. The temp table is purged once a week automatically and completed orders are deleted directly after IPN confirmation.

check or money orders have to be confirmed, to avoid fake orders. So the customer info is recorded before the order is placed. An email is send to the email adres provided in the order and after confirmation the order is transfered from the tmp table to the permanent table. It's not watertight but at least this ensures that the customer enters a valid email( and one he has acces to because of the required confirmation)

It also has inventory features so everytime an item is sold it's subtracted from the inventory. If the item is sold out it automaticaly displays as not available in the shop.

It comes with basic reports: sales per month, sales per month per item etc
Since this client also selles e-books I integrated a download account manager. If an e-book is sold the order shows up (if payment was completed) as an item in the account manager).When the account has been created the customer automatically gets an email with login and password info. The download account stays active for 48 hours after wich it is disabled. I still have to work on the security for that one but it's getting allong nicely.

Ron
feha
Posted: 09/05/2003, 5:07 PM

RonB

There is possibility to populate PayPals form from your database of customers...
so they don't need every time to do that ...

regards
feha
[www.vision.to]
feha
Posted: 09/05/2003, 5:58 PM

more info here:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/pdn/howto_checkout-outside
RonB
Posted: 09/06/2003, 1:57 AM

"populate paypal fields"

True but then again... a lot of people already have a paypal account. You'd be asking them for information you can also get from the IPN system without having them fill in a form on your site. I just don't believe in letiing people do things twice. Through paypal's IPN I get all the information I could need automatically.

Ron
feha
Posted: 09/06/2003, 2:25 AM

That's Ok

That's Ok

My solution of WebShop is different and not dedicated only to PayPal.
It will have possibilities to handle both downloadable content and "physical" ones.
It has several categories of Customers and each category has different payment methods etc ...

regards
feha
[www.vision.to]
RonB
Posted: 09/06/2003, 5:47 AM

I've only dealt with paypal because most of my customers are from the USA and small sized companies. A merchant account is often to expensive for them so they tend to go with paypal. I must say I think the ipn system from paypal is an excelent service considering the account is for free.

What other payment methods besides paypal and chek or money order are you integrating?

I'm curious because I seem to develop a narrow viewing field by just building carts with paypal> I havent realy done an inventtory of other payment methods. With merchant accounts it's often hard to test the carts interface to the creditcard payment.

Ron
feha
Posted: 09/06/2003, 8:59 AM

I'm planning to integrate PayPal, 2CheckOut etc ...
This will be as an option.
In Sweden most companies sells by invoice system 10-30 days due to payment so they don't need an online payment system (verified customers).
This will have real time generated order confirmation,invoice and recede in pdf format so each customer can print them out from their account.
Still is beta 0.1b and I'm not ready putting online for demo.
(It can handle all types currencies, it has a reseller register, supplier or distributor register etc ... it is very complex system for that reason I named it as Vision.To WebShop XL, but it will be a small version too with less features for small companies.)

regards
feha
[www.vision.to]

DaveRexel
Posted: 09/06/2003, 2:38 PM

::
What a coincidence :-)

I'm just re-visting some tutorials for different systems : paypal and various systems offered by our excellent Swedish banking community as well as a simple Purchase Order System.

In reply to the parent post, yes I have completed many different e-commerce solutions for commercial customers, a few in CC & CCS but most of them have been manually coded as it's the most flexible method I know when there's a paying customer involved.

Now that that I've completed the major stages of my schools migration to FOSS solutions I've got some time to contribute to the community.

I've just started looking at my old projects so I welcome any cooperation at rexdesign.com == pls apply for editor status to submit Tutorials.

Greetings
Dave
Mehmet Ozdemir
Posted: 09/07/2003, 2:40 PM

Here's an example of a fully functioning store very loosly based the sample. All done in CCS 2.1

http://www.smartgadgets.com.au

feha
Posted: 09/07/2003, 10:26 PM

Great Job Mehmet.
You have done great job.

regards
feha
[www.vision.to]
James Martin
Posted: 10/31/2003, 12:36 PM

I have a shopping cart based on the example that comes with CodeCharge Studio. I am using PHP, Apache, Linux and MySQL. I need to interface PayPal's IPN with the shopping cart. Is there any code example available. I have tried to follow the examples from http://www.zend.com/zend/tut/tutorial-paypal.php but not working yet.

Any help would be appreciated.

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login