CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

CCS2.1/PHP setup issues - errors everywhere!

Print topic Send  topic

VBAjedi
Posted: 09/05/2003, 9:31 AM

I just downloaded a trial copy of CC Studio to evaluate, but I can't seem to get it working correctly with PHP4 . I've spent the last few days trying to find my own answers, but it hasn't worked.

Scenario: Using CCStudio to generate a site in PHP to interface with a MySQL dbase that I have. All errors seem to be related to session variables or lines in the Common.php file. Tried setting "register globals" to Yes, but that didn't work. Commenting out the "session_start();" line in Common.php allows the login page to load, but submitting a valid userid/password from there generates the following pile of errors:

Warning: session_register() [function.session-register]: open(/tmp\sess_bd21d473d91d7e0f58f65a2d7fc66cde, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in c:\testdocs\ObieTools\Common.php on line 225

Warning: session_register() [function.session-register]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at c:\testdocs\ObieTools\Common.php:225) in c:\testdocs\ObieTools\Common.php on line 225

Warning: session_register() [function.session-register]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at c:\testdocs\ObieTools\Common.php:225) in c:\testdocs\ObieTools\Common.php on line 225

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at c:\testdocs\ObieTools\Common.php:225) in c:\testdocs\ObieTools\Login.php on line 228

Warning: Unknown(): open(/tmp\sess_bd21d473d91d7e0f58f65a2d7fc66cde, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

Please help if you can! I'm pulling my hair out! Many thanks,

VBAjedi
Rblanche
Posted: 09/05/2003, 11:13 AM

If you are using EasyPHP you need to create a directory TMP in the root directory of EasyPHP (C:\Program Files\EasyPHP) create a TMP in this directory

And this is the [session] in my config in my PHP.INI files in Windows directory
===============================================================================
[Session]
session.save_handler = files ; handler used to store/retrieve data
session.save_path ="C:\Program Files\EasyPHP\tmp\"; argument passed to save_handler
; in the case of files, this is the
; path where data files are stored
session.use_cookies = 1 ; whether to use cookies
session.name = PHPSESSID
; name of the session
; is used as cookie name
session.auto_start = 0 ; initialize session on request startup
session.cookie_lifetime = 0 ; lifetime in seconds of cookie
; or if 0, until browser is restarted
session.cookie_path = / ; the path the cookie is valid for
session.cookie_domain = ; the domain the cookie is valid for
session.serialize_handler = php ; handler used to serialize data
; php is the standard serializer of PHP
session.gc_probability = 1 ; percentual probability that the
; 'garbage collection' process is started
; on every session initialization
session.gc_maxlifetime = 1440 ; after this number of seconds, stored
; data will be seen as 'garbage' and
; cleaned up by the gc process
session.referer_check = ; check HTTP Referer to invalidate
; externally stored URLs containing ids
session.entropy_length = 0 ; how many bytes to read from the file
session.entropy_file = ; specified here to create the session id
session.cache_limiter = nocache ; set to {nocache,private,public} to
; determine HTTP caching aspects
session.cache_expire = 180 ; document expires after n minutes
session.use_trans_sid = 1 ; use transient sid support if enabled
; by compiling with --enable-trans-sid
=============================================================================

This is work for me.

rblanche
RonB
Posted: 09/05/2003, 3:57 PM

This "problem" has been reported many times on this forum so I'm surprised you did not find the answer here. It has nothing to do with ccs and everything to do with not installing php correctly. In the php.ini file there is a setting for temp directory. Look it up and make sure the temp directory actually exists at the location the directive is pointing at in php.ini if it doesn't...create it. Should solve your ptoblems. Oh and do remember to un comment the session start bit in common.php

Ron
DaveRexel
Posted: 09/06/2003, 3:09 PM

::
In addition to RonBs excellent sugeestions please ensure that the /tmp folder is writeable by the webserver software.

Greetings
Dave
VBAjedi
Posted: 09/08/2003, 9:21 AM

Thanks to all of you for the quick and accurate diagnosis. Not sure why I couldn't find prior threads on this - I searched using a number of different error message excerpts. Honest - I did look!

Now I'm trying to figure out the "endless login" issue. I did find a number of threads on this so I'm trying to apply the solutions in those (the most obvious, register_globals = on, didn't seem to do the trick). Will post a new thread if they don't solve my issue.

Thanks again!

VBAjedi
RonB
Posted: 09/08/2003, 10:10 AM

Try using the php superglobal array. In CCS click on the project name and in the properties box set "use supeglobals.." to Yes. Regenerate the entire project and publish.

Ron
VBAjedi
Posted: 09/09/2003, 10:41 AM

Ron,

Thank you for the suggestion. I started a new thread on this topic and someone else suggested that as well. I tried it, but unfortunately it seemed to have no effect. If you have further suggestions I would love to try them. . . just post to my other thread.

Thanks!

VBAjedi

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login